Qatar holds Spurs talks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Qatar holds Spurs talks as it pushes to add Premier League club to portfolio

• Total voters
As an outsider who has traveled plenty in both countries and cities, made friends living in both, love both, and don't have a dog in the fight...it is my considered opinion that Paris/France is more progressive than London/England. Get up in your feels as much as you want.
By what metric other than "I went there innit!" You can wear a hijab in London. London is the most ethnically diverse city in Europe by a mile. It has the highest proportion of duel heritage marriages in the world. Its first Pride was 1972 Paris I think was 1992.

I've lived in both cities (and love Paris)it's a facile statement very hard to actually quantify but If forced I'd say the average person in London has a far wider mix of people in terms of ethnicity and orientation than his/her/they than there French counter part s as freinds.

In terms of integration and employment opportunities for minorities London wins hands down. I also think the simple geography of Paris has made integration far less common than in London.Your welcome to your opinion but I think its very wrong.

Last edited:
He was on a show call On The Ball tonight, and in a tweet they said that he claimed Qatar were close to investing £1billion into Spurs.

Loads of aggregators jumped on it and reposted it. Turns out he didn’t say that, On The Ball had taken that figure from the speculation circulating throughout the press in the last few days to promote his appearance on the show.

Dan KP then told all the aggregators to delete their tweets where they had quoted the wrong info

Example 2398239487239487239847: Virtually every one of these podcasts and aggregators are click-bait cunts.

Alistair Gold says that they (Qatar) can’t have a majority stake because of PSG. I don’t know the rules, but how can RB have two clubs, City group have however many and suddenly now they’re worried about this?

Don’t get me wrong; no group should have more than one. It’s terrible for the game. But from a pure layman’s perspective, it seems fine for these other situations?
Can't have two clubs in the same uefa competition.

UEFA rules
This states that no two clubs or more participating in a UEFA club competition may be directly or indirectly controlled by the same entity or managed by the same person.

With the RB clubs, isn’t it the case that the fans own the majority of those clubs due to the 50+1 rule, therefore RB aren’t majority shareholders, so they’re allowed to invest in multiple clubs?

Although as someone said, if someone has lots of money and they want to do something, there’s probably loopholes you can get around
Just googled it, they piss all over the 50+1

Though not breaking the rules per se, RB Leipzig are stretching the boundaries of the 50+1 system to opportunistic lengths. A compulsory membership system is in place and the club has 11 members, all of whom paid a start-up fee of €100 and a staggering yearly fee of €800; Borussia Dortmund recently exceeded 100,000 members paying €62 each and are inundated with 2,000 new requests every month. RB’s paltry figure only provokes alarm bells – and the club can reject a membership request without any explanation. Considering all members are employees of the drinks company, it remains a damaging anomaly to standard practice.

Your right! Need to add Bissouma to that list!! And once Spence plays a few minutes, you can all pile in on him too.

He rarely makes sense.

This is the guy that said bulldogs are racist and came out with this fucking nonsense, he's a clown.
Aurier, Rose, Sissoko, Bergjwin, Sanchez, Royal, Sessegnon, Ndombele. - It just feels like most Spurs fans have a bias against BLACK players.

EDIT : Oh yeah, I forgot Aurier. Honourable shoutout for Adebeyor

Can't have two clubs in the same uefa competition.

UEFA rules
This states that no two clubs or more participating in a UEFA club competition may be directly or indirectly controlled by the same entity or managed by the same person.
FFP says you can’t spend unlimited money, but the Qataris don’t give a rats ass about that. Why would this be any different?

Enic Out > Qatari's In > France is more culturally advanced than London > MemphisWills personal travel blog.

What a ride. I'm out, see you guys in 2 years when we win the league.

Here's a theoretical question for the 35% who have so far voted no.

You don't want Qatari investment, even if the money was invested in to the playing squad, presumably because you morally object to the source of that money.

If Saudi backed Newcastle made some hugely obscene bid of say £250 million so called blood notes for a want-away Harry Kane, which could / would be invested in the playing squad, how would you vote in a poll which asked should we take the money?

Bullet points from Alasdair Gold's recent video on this.

• Spurs continue to categorically deny Levy met with QSI. They also immediately denied it this time (he asked right before making the video)
  • Gold doesn’t believe this at all since other reporters and his sources said they met. Easy to find info since Levy is good friends with Nasser Al-Khelaifi.
  • Levy and QSI did talk about buying part of the club. This would not be a full takeover. Talks are very preliminary.
  • They did not talk about stadium naming rights.
  • Gold’s sources on the QSI side seem to think there are a few other interested parties who want some level of investment into the club.

Bullet points from Alasdair Gold's recent video on this.

• Spurs continue to categorically deny Levy met with QSI. They also immediately denied it this time (he asked right before making the video)
  • Gold doesn’t believe this at all since other reporters and his sources said they met. Easy to find info since Levy is good friends with Nasser Al-Khelaifi.
  • Levy and QSI did talk about buying part of the club. This would not be a full takeover. Talks are very preliminary.
  • They did not talk about stadium naming rights.
  • Gold’s sources on the QSI side seem to think there are a few other interested parties who want some level of investment into the club.

You’re the hero this forum needed.

In fact, I think you should definitely do this for every Ali Gold video!

Last edited:
He was on a show called On The Ball tonight, and in a tweet they said that he claimed Qatar were close to investing £1billion into Spurs.

Loads of aggregators jumped on it and reposted it. Turns out he didn’t say that, On The Ball had taken that figure from the speculation circulating throughout the press in the last few days to promote his appearance on the show.

Dan KP then told all the aggregators to delete their tweets where they had quoted the wrong info

Cheers. That sums up spurs twitter to a tee!

Back
Top Bottom