Qatar holds Spurs talks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Qatar holds Spurs talks as it pushes to add Premier League club to portfolio

• Total voters
Looks like the Qataris are trying to buy Man U through a different route to QSI. Surely it’s obvious to everyone it is the same owners as UEFA though?

QIA are a different investment vehicle and the one who owns the properties in London, part of Sainsbury’s and Heathrow.

Looks like the Qataris are trying to buy Man U through a different route to QSI. Surely it’s obvious to everyone it is the same owners as UEFA though?

QIA are a different investment vehicle and the one who owns the properties in London, part of Sainsbury’s and Heathrow.

Almost impossible to prove though. There are about 8 American owners in the prem, you can’t say we can only have 1 as they are all the same. The Qatari groups may all end up really just being owned or controlled in some form or another by the king but if they operate and are legally separate then it’s little different to HSBC buying one club and Barclays buying another.

Almost impossible to prove though. There are about 8 American owners in the prem, you can’t say we can only have 1 as they are all the same. The Qatari groups may all end up really just being owned or controlled in some form or another by the king but if they operate and are legally separate then it’s little different to HSBC buying one club and Barclays buying another.

Not sure that’s exactly the same is it?

I’ve read a few more of his tweets since posting above and still it sounds a bit iffy as to who will be involved. Separate banks are separate banks they’ve little to do with each other.

I’m sure the Qataris could show different ownership if they really wanted to, but would we want to be in a position where we are part owned by QSI and Man U are part owned by QIA? Given the Man City situation this week I’m not sure the PL would be keen to let that happen. But who knows.

Anyway, I wouldn’t be surprised if given the deadline that there will be similar leaks like this one coming from different parts of the world.

Back
Top Bottom