Proud to be Spurs - What does it mean for you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I look at the league table today (and the last 3 months) I feel fucking proud to be a spurs fan. We are the highest placed football CLUB in England. Let me clarify that point (I believe Flav said something similar in the pod a few weeks ago, but I have been feeling like this for a while now), the red and the blue "teams" above are not like us. The C at the end of MCFC and MUFC doesnt hold the same meaning as it does with spurs. Their C stands for corporation, conglomerate or even c*nts.

The blue teams success has been bought, a team of football whores and mercinaries who love for money is greater than that of the game. Then the red team whos successes comes so readily that trophies are expected as easily as they are won. Where is the glory or the drama in their feats?

So for all those games we turn up to in the pissing rain and freezing cold, all those times we put our faith in Iversen, Vega, Slabber and more. All those times we naievly cheered that judas asshole without a clue what was in his mind. For all those heros, mainstays, no-ones, has beens and never-was' our current glory is just reward.

I am proud of spurs and what we have done and for doing it our way. I am also proud of the constants that have kept me coming back for more, the badge, the fans and the shirt!

Bit of a bravehart post this but thought I would share as I was wondering what spurs meant to you guys?

COYS

My surname means everyone with a modicum of football knowledge knows or at least assumes I'm a Spurs fan.

For the most part our recent successes are a welcome respite from years of shit tbh.

its just amazing what we've done on the budget, we've had and despite people saying we've spent a lot of money, we haven't spent anywhere near what other clubs who have been in our position have spent. thats what i'm most proud of, not where we are but how we got there

mad said:
its just amazing what we've done on the budget, we've had and despite people saying we've spent a lot of money, we haven't spent anywhere near what other clubs who have been in our position have spent. thats what i'm most proud of, not where we are but how we got there

what we do spend, is ours to spend. no oligarchs toy club, i'd fucking truly hate success bought by someone else. whatever city and chavscum fans say, they know truth, dep down, and it has to bother them. the nuevo types at chavscum will walk away quick as fuck when it goes tits.

I am Spurs and Spurs are me. I love the club we have become and I'll love them fiercely if we are shit. They are a big part of my life and feel I am so intertwined with our (bill nicohlson's) credo that was always going to be the team I'd be part of. I don't have a spurs tattoo to show people who I support I have it because they are a part of who I am. That's why I love this club and why I'll always be proud to say that.

woz born in tottenham (well edmonton actually 'cos that's where the hospital woz), was raised and schooled in tottenham.

so, i didn't have a lot to do with it. but yes.... i'm proud.

Daddy pushed me into it before I was old enough to even realise, I don't know anything else... (and for that I will be ever grateful)

i have supported tottenham for 22 of my 28 years of existence.
which is quite something considering i live in south africa with
a liverpool supporting family (father even went to school with bruce grobbelaar).
tottenham hotspur is the reason i get up in the morning and i would give
up my first born (who arrives in 4 weeks) to sit in the stands at white heart lane
surrounded by fellow spurs fans and sing my heart out with my chest welled up with pride and tears of passion streaming down my face... COYS!!!

It's an indescribable feeling best summed up by the contrast between having stood there to see us losing at home to Chelsea 6-1 in every gory detail and remembering every grim detail of it when we finally broke the hoodo with the 2-1 with the Lennon goal, words fail me to describe how good that felt.

The walk down from Seven Sisters seeing everyone making their way down to the ground and seeing the Lane up in the distance, the singing in the Bell & Hare before the game..

There are other things I remember that evoke these feelings, memories. The few games I got to go to standing when the crowd surged at a Spurs goal was like nothing else..

Going to Spurs games under the floodlights when the crowd are up for it, last season's 3-3 against Woolwich feeling like there was no place on this earth I would rather be..

It's about drama, tragedy, triumph and glory...

Right, now back to taking the piss out of the gooners!

Tottenham Hotspur (there IS simply a unique, historical ring about the name isn't there?) means EVERYTHING!!

It determines who you are as a person... whilst we're not JUST in it for the trophies (or else we'd have all been Man Utd/Liverpool LONG ago) we're in it for the Glory, the romance, the Drama, the ups AND downs, the whole experience... ALL the things that good, proper football - played the right way - can provide.

We WIN together, and we LOSE together... and we don't leave 5 minutes before the end (ahem, DO we?) JUST in case!!! With Tottenham, you never know....

Why Spurs?

Of all the teams in England, why Spurs?

For me it was my dad taking me too see us lose to Getafe that made me love the club!
I started watching football in 2006, choose spurs in 2007 and supported ever since!

white hart lane
first shirt, first game,
observe, explore
the crowd, the roar
discover spurs is joy.

knock one in, another win,
singing all match through,
fuelled with booze and gooners lose.
discover spurs is true.

defend, attack,
forward, back,
the refereeing's dire.