Premier League 23/24 Squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Assuming Lloris is gone we are now kosher with a squad of 24 + 4 U 21s.

1FORSTERHG
2AUSTINHG
3WHITEMANHG
4DAVIESHG
5SESSEGNONHG
6MADDISONHG
7SKIPPHG
8JOHNSONHG
1VICARIONON-HG
2van de VENNON-HG
3ROMERONON-HG
4DIERNON-HG
5ROYALNON-HG
6PORRONON-HG
7PERISICNON-HG
8HOJBJERGNON-HG
9BISSOUMANON-HG
10LO CELSONON-HG
11BENTANCURNON-HG
12SOLOMONNON-HG
13KULUSEVSKINON-HG
14GILNON-HG
15RICHARLISONNON-HG
16SONNON-HG
1PHILLIPSU 21
2UDOGIEU 21
3SARRU 21
4VELIZU 21
HG8
NON HG16
U 214
TOTAL28
I think that is the happiest I have been with a squad for years.
Question marks over Gil and Sessegnon but I am hopeful. Good thing with Ange is there will be no messing about. He will make the decision swiftly.
I am willing to give GLC a chance. I still have high hopes for Richarlison.
Can't wait to see the new kids in action.
What a great day to be alive!

Last edited:
I hope they re-organise the squad numbers and have more in the 1-11 range. I don't know why it bugs me have number 33 or whatever, but it does.
We've got no 1, 2, 3 or 6 currently.

I think a number of our guys have a preference for their unorthodox numbers. Vicario, Bentancur, Porro, Romero

I'd be a guy that wears a weird number just to stand out. Not enough 90's in the PL, you see that elsewhere.

69 if they let me.
Do you know what they call 69 in Paris?
They call it soixante-neuf..

pulp fiction royale with cheese GIF

I hope they re-organise the squad numbers and have more in the 1-11 range. I don't know why it bugs me have number 33 or whatever, but it does.

I think a number of our guys have a preference for their unorthodox numbers. Vicario, Bentancur, Porro, Romero

I'd be a guy that wears a weird number just to stand out. Not enough 90's in the PL, you see that elsewhere.
Was just gonna say the exact same thing...

The irony is, at the moment, everyone in football seems to be obsessed with "what makes a classic #6, or a box-to-box #8, or a False 9, or an orthodox #10...." and yet half the players they're talking about have numbers on their backs that barely fit across the shirt!!

00 if the let me. :p
0000!
0cbe5a08-51dd-4de4-a7dc-875e62cec6f7_text.gif

Last edited:
Someone made a good point about Lloris, he's in the final years of his career and he has a family who are settled in London, why would he uproot them all just to sit on a bench somewhere. Nobody's going to be happy in that situation, I'd say they're having a serious discussion about him retiring.

Someone made a good point about Lloris, he's in the final years of his career and he has a family who are settled in London, why would he uproot them all just to sit on a bench somewhere. Nobody's going to be happy in that situation, I'd say they're having a serious discussion about him retiring.
Excellent recycling of an excellent point, good sir!

I'm going balls out for an alternative suggestion...

Imagine he'd played at ANOTHER club all this time, and now, for his one final year in football, WE signed him as experienced back up to Vicario.... :hugoshock:

We've done it before with experienced 'keepers as back up... albeit with mixed results...

But at the time, the likes of Brad Freidel, Joe Hart, and Fraser Forster seemed like a good idea at the time... so why not utilise Lloris for the exact same role??

I reckon Lloris is STILL a better option than Forster, despite his recent dip in form...
but if he's happy to be the experienced 2nd choice keeper, and maybe help the younger lads in training, then why the hell not keep him...? :llorishowudoin:

He's already HERE FFS!

Imagine he'd played at ANOTHER club all this time, and now, for his one final year in football, WE signed him as experienced back up to Vicario.... :hugoshock:

We've done it before with experienced 'keepers as back up... albeit with mixed results...

But at the time, the likes of Brad Freidel, Joe Hart, and Fraser Forster seemed like a good idea at the time... so why not utilise Lloris for the exact same role??

I reckon Lloris is STILL a better option than Forster, despite his recent dip in form...
but if he's happy to be the experienced 2nd choice keeper, and maybe help the younger lads in training, then why the hell not keep him...? :llorishowudoin:

He's already HERE FFS!
Going purely on last season Forster is ahead of lloris and there is nothing to suggest lloris will recapture past levels

He's already HERE FFS!
Brad Friedel was our no.1 when we signed him. We signed Lloris the season after. IIRC, we played Friedel until he set a consecutive appearance record then dropped him

Next year....

Sarr from 29 to 15
Udogie from 38 to 3
Van de Ven from 37 to 5

And hopefully a new backup CB taking 2 and a purchase of a proper backup for Bissouma taking 6. 2 is a RB number, but neither Royal nor Porro chose to take it when it was open this year. Sucks that you need special dispensation to switch around numbers once they've been registered, even if those players haven't appeared in an EPL game and left the club like Reguilon did.

Back
Top Bottom