Pre-Season 23/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do we have the players to play this aggressive pressing kind of way......yes it can work if you have a bunch of unknown Aussies in the A league, or Japanese in the J League, or Scottish players in the SPL, but PL footballers are so pampered, so rich and very comfortable that it won't take long for them to get sick of the hard work and running. It will be very interesting to see how the players react to Angeball
Lots of other teams manage it and so have we in the past so its not something new, just a shift in style for our current players.

did the A team play the B team today?

And for who prefer to read rather than listen, or who find Ange’s twang hard to understand, there’s now a full transcript on football.london:

I think it gives us a different perspective on life when you're living in different places. Different languages, Japan and Scotland, I don't understand what they're saying.

Do we have the players to play this aggressive pressing kind of way......yes it can work if you have a bunch of unknown Aussies in the A league, or Japanese in the J League, or Scottish players in the SPL, but PL footballers are so pampered, so rich and very comfortable that it won't take long for them to get sick of the hard work and running. It will be very interesting to see how the players react to Angeball
Probably the weirdest tweet I've read on this forum, and that's an achievement.

Probably the weirdest tweet I've read on this forum, and that's an achievement.
Yeah, people fail to appreciate the amount of work it takes to not only make it in football but also to stay in a job.

You could start with 100 teenage players who are out of this world at school and maybe 1 or 2 will end up in the PL....they don't win a lottery ticket to get there, they get there by working their bollocks off...

I wonder if these PR posts from the club will last more than 2-3 months, after we get whooped to a fourth league defeat in the row :ange-lol:
Fully expect this to be moved to clutter but...

...you're a bit of a prick you!

What a weird thing to wonder.

I for one am loving them. It is a breath of fresh air after Jose-ball, Nuno-gate and Conte-ball. Actually trying to attack. Trying to play on the front foot. Doing so quickly and with a plan.

What is this wizardry?!

Back
Top Bottom