Pre-Season 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gedson loves to run into the space where the player with the ball is about to dribble into.

done it to Clarke, Sessegnon & Lucas so far

That's the Lucas Moura special.

If he could also add the dribble into the space the players without the ball are and dribble into 3 defenders we might not need Moura at all anymore.

White and Cirkin are the two bright spots so far.

What is up with Sessegnon though. 25 mill? Right now he looks like a 2.5 mill player. No confidence, poor decision making, heavy touches. Needs to go out on loan

Maybe he's not that good?

System player for Fulham who poached a lot of goals one season and off went the hype train.

System player for Fulham who poached a lot of goals one season and off went the hype train.
Or maybe he's a 20 year old who barely played for us last season who is sort of being converted into a different position?

I'm not saying one way or another but he's just so young and needs to be playing games, not spending whole seasons on the bench.

take a breath.... and calm

It's a pre-season game, its a few fringe players trying to impress the manager and stake a claim into the first team squad, and generating some fitness.

that's it.

chill

I am calm, it doesn't mean that you can't have observations about the game.

I am not sure what the point is of brushing everything off as its pre-season as though players not being able to do simple things is because it is pre-season.

White and Cirkin are the two bright spots so far.

What is up with Sessegnon though. 25 mill? Right now he looks like a 2.5 mill player. No confidence, poor decision making, heavy touches. Needs to go out on loan
He regressed a lot since he joined us, it's completely different player compared to his time in Fulham. I think it's all in his head and in current state he's not gonna improve even training 20h a day. He needs his confidence back, and then we'll be able to judge him. He still is a gem with all the bright future in his hands.

Or maybe his physique had a better centre of gravity as a 16/17 year old and he developed into a less well balanced footballer as he grew.

Can't see him getting in the team much in any position this season if he stays here.

Gedson, Clarke, Sess. We didn't need any of these guys. Sorry for being negative but it's just so frustrating.

At the same time, seeing our rivals go all out and sign real attacking talent on top of that.

Back
Top Bottom