Pre-Season 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do like the way we countered at times.

Obviously can't read too much into these friendlies. Think Son and Bergwijns movement is streets ahead of everyone else in the team and those two have to be in our attack going into the campaign (Though I reckon Lucas will still be picked).

Hojbjerg has positives and negatives. I like how he presses high up and puts players under pressure. He has a good engine and does get round the pitch well and did play some good passes through with either foot. However, it again was quite worrying that we played him further forward than Harvey White and then deeper when Sissoko came on.....

Can't wait to see what we look like when we do have Lo Celso and Kane out there though. Doherty will be a welcome addition.

Not a body language expert by any stretch of the imagination but it did look to me like Aurier knows he's leaving.
On Hojberg - I think Jose wants his best footballing midfielder to be collecting the ball off the centre backs at all times, and then once that phase is over Hojberg ends up further forward anyway because he’s pressing someone.

I don’t like it either to be honest. We definitely are only interested in playing a midfield 2 this season aswell it looks like, so Tanguy’s only chance (if he ever does play for us again) in my eyes is as a 10 in that system.

Because he should be the deepest midfielder at all times. White and Winks aren't DMs nor should either of them need to cover for Hojbjerg.

I thought it was widely assumed that this double pivot thingy meant one or the other pushing forward whilst the other one drops?

Because he should be the deepest midfielder at all times. White and Winks aren't DMs nor should either of them need to cover for Hojbjerg.

I imagine he will be deepest when paired with Gio, as he was when paired with Sissoko, and that is probably the line up we will see most often.

Looks like Winks will be the deeper of that pairing though.

I imagine he will be deepest when paired with Gio, as he was when paired with Sissoko, and that is probably the line up we will see most often.

Looks like Winks will be the deeper of that pairing though.

I mean you'd hope so.

But we've seen Gio and Sissoko play before with Gio deeper - so who knows anymore.

Problem is that he is almost always the more advanced of the two so far, not even like it’s been comparable between him and his midfield partner.

It's early days, but I get the sense that maybe the relationship between Hojbjerg and Winks will be less who's back and who's forward as much as Hojbjerg being the mobile hunter and risk taker and Winks being the responsible clean-up man.

I don't want us playing the double pivot - that's the point I am making.

4231 is horrid.

I'm getting the impression that if we wanted to play 433 then PEH is the wrong guy.

In a world where we swapped Ndombele for Skinier (sp?) would you be happy playing:

GLC / PEH / Winks

???

I'm getting the impression that if we wanted to play 433 then PEH is the wrong guy.

In a world where we swapped Ndombele for Skinier (sp?) would you be happy playing:

GLC / PEH / Winks

???

Nope.

If we get rid of Ndombele - we need a top class central midfielder. One of which I doubt we are willing to pay for, especially considering we have no CL.

Nope.

If we get rid of Ndombele - we need a top class central midfielder. One of which I doubt we are willing to pay for, especially considering we have no CL.

If we sell Ndombele then I'd get used to 433 going out of the window altogether; CL or not.

Not a body language expert by any stretch of the imagination but it did look to me like Aurier knows he's leaving.
I had the same feeling. However, Jose said: "And to have Serge back, Moussa back it´s also good. Step by step, the players are coming".

Not a popular opinion, but I wouldn´t mind Aurier staying for depth.

I had the same feeling. However, Jose said: "And to have Serge back, Moussa back it´s also good. Step by step, the players are coming".

Not a popular opinion, but I wouldn´t mind Aurier staying for depth.
Aurier wants away though and we probably need to use the funds from his sale to cover the cost of bringing Doherty in.

Obviously it'd be better if he stayed but it just doesn't seem likely.

Back
Top Bottom