Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
This week whilst we are told we are speaking to candidates at least no idiot ITK saying we have agreed anything. That is how it should be and whilst it is getting close to non International players returning there is still time. The big worry is there appears no satisfactory candidate that will unite the fans. Just which candidate will least offend the fans. Bad start to the season and there will be widespread pressure to sack the new Manager and there will be no good candidate available.

I'll die on the hill of Nuno over Roberto Martinez.

It's mortifying that such a hill even needs to exist after 2 months of searching for a manager, but here we are.
The hill

mole-hill.jpeg

Up until he sacked Pochettino I reckon he's done an excellent job by taking Tottenham from a mid-table club to a top-4 club; and Levy deserves a lot of respect for what's he'd done for Tottenham (finances, training complex, stadium, etc.).
But after he sacked Pochettino he seems to have lost "it". Ok, since he's tried to hire Jose already back in 2007 (when Jose was fired by Chelski but had a clause that didn't allow him to work in the EPL for a number of years) I can understand his dream of having Jose turn Spurs into a club with a perennial winner mentality. Unfortunately, Levy thought Spurs had the players ready to match Jose's winning mentality, but it was not so - which was evident already before Jose was hired, by seeing how players were discontent with Pochettino's demands...
And now Levy seems to have totally lost the direction of the club and seem. And yet he still wants to control every single aspect of the club.
Your talking about the bloke who wanted us to play football in east London, what do you mean he was doing a decent job?

If the reports are right, nobody wants to come, nobody of any real world class ability anyway.

I'm not interested in a steady ship anymore to be honest, 1 trophy in 20 is not good enough.

I want success and I want it yesterday.

By success I mean trophies and really challenging for the title, not being happy with scraping top 4.
LOL

Imagine still believing the issue is the manager

I love how it’s a Daily Mail “EXCLUSIVE“ that was reported earlier by different outlets. Does seem like there’s some smoke to the fire though.

The fact that the intimate details of our discussions have stopped leaking does make me think we are talking to managers based in England and not abroad. In Italy especially it seems nothing is private.

I love how it’s a Daily Mail “EXCLUSIVE“ that was reported earlier by different outlets. Does seem like there’s some smoke to the fire though.

The fact that the intimate details of our discussions have stopped leaking does make me think we are talking to managers based in England and not abroad. In Italy especially it seems nothing is private.
I bet Nuno is the compromise between Paratici and Levy.

OK, going to melt a bit....

I am checking the fuck out IF we get Nuno in. Big 'if', since it's all bollocks until Spurs confirm it. Spursweb and DailyFail aren't credible.

From what I'm hearing, this means boring, Jose-style football, from an uninspiring manager who hasn't done well with any team yet. We'll be a sock-puppet for Mendes. Meaning we'll be showcasing a string of Gedsons for Levy to overprice while staying afloat, in and around the upper-mid table.

If this is what we're in for, for even one more season, then frankly, I'd rather watch a different team and stick it to ENIC by funding someone else. In fact, I'd probably not watch anything, but donate regularly to Wrexham. At least their owners know they are having a fucking laugh.

Thank god the sources are shit because Nuno is a terrible hire. Amazing he could go from failing at Wolves to moving up to us.

The fact he is even seen as a viable candidate shows what a shit show we currently are.

Back
Top Bottom