Poch sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chucklevision82 Chucklevision82 I realise that following Spurs for you is (given the geography) a huge effort. Would you be happy to slog down there and watch anti-football? I’m not trying to trip you up or anything, I’m just interested.
I’d grin and bear it for the rest if the season and go from there.
Moving to back Cornwall in the next couple of years, means trips to WHL will be a thing of the past, so have to make the most of it while I still can!

Shocked at timing, but not shocked at the outcome, it felt like it was just a matter of time.
I didn't want him to leave and I thought he had earned the time to turn things around. But I had got a bit fed up with some of his press conferences, his player selection and tactical decisions.
Some of the football he got us playing at the beginning was scintillating and a joy to behold, and it was a tragedy that we didn't get the trophies we deserved. As the team got older, they couldn't continue that intensity that was the hallmark of our game.
For me, it all started going downhill from the Wolves game at Wembley, and the rot really started to set in from the game at Burnley. Apart from the CL games, 2019 has been an unmitigated disaster. I know from past experience, when we have been in cup finals, our league form tends to suffer. And we put up with it - if we win the thing.
Poch was definitely out of order saying he would leave if we won the CL, and his heart doesn't seem to be in it any more. But the players and Levy all need to have a long, hard look at themselves too, as this mess has been created by all parties involved in the Club - no-one comes out of this with too much credit.
So although I was really hoping that he would be our second Billy Nick or Keith Burkinshaw, the writing has been on the wall all season, and all I can do now is to thank Poch for the good times. I just hope that his next job is abroad, and he doesn't come back to haunt us.
Mrs P for manager..

Not gunna lie I'm in tears, this is the biggest mistake that we have and will ever make in our history, I just wish I could let him know what he did making me proud of my club helped me through a pretty dark period of my life.

I will forever love you.

I just thought he would turn it around, and he could of if it weren't for some pretty horrendous luck.

very mixed feelings tonight. I’d gone from 100% poch to tinkering on the edge (and maybe slightly tipping over) to the Poch out camp in recent weeks but ultimately I’m gutted that he’s actually gone like this.

excited to see what’s next but equally terrified we’ve just made a monumental mistake.

I think Poch brought this all on himself. His weird comments including talking about leaving, not to be called the Manager and even today saying wants to go back to Spain. Clearly something was not right, far too many players not performing and 14th was too low to blame on not spending. Colchester, Bayen and even Sheffield Utd results just should never have happened. Saw the red star matches and hoped he had turned the corner but the league results continue to be bad. Think we will have to write off Saturday's match but if they can get a decent Manager then expect results to slowly recover.

I’d grin and bear it for the rest if the season and go from there.
Moving to back Cornwall in the next couple of years, means trips to WHL will be a thing of the past, so have to make the most of it while I still can!
So no trains from Cornwall to London for the odd game? Some people go to extremes to get out of buying other people a vodka and tonic!
:sonpoint:

Just phoned my Mum - she’s really upset. Fuck you Levy, you’ve upset my Mum you cunt.

My mum's come out swingin'.... She says if Levy dares hire Jose, she's gonna head straight down to WHL and kick Danny boy's head in in front of the Amazon cameras.

Higher than 14th?

The season isn't over yet. Not sure how you justify the sacking by saying our current league position. If levy wants better then he'll have to pay for it. Poch has a team full of players wanting to leave as they weren't paid the going rate for their contracts.

He gave us a style of play and an identity that had been missing for years. It was thrilling to watch and be part of, especially the last year at the Lane. For that Poch will have respect always. But, sadly, I think this is the right decision.

Back
Top Bottom