Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
All that's left to decide is whether its a hard "poch out" or soft "poch out". Such a shame our managers name doesn't rhyme with exit (or sacked in some peoples eyes). Poche-leavo is the best alternative I could come up with :pochbye:

Pochit?

The dreaded “vote of confidence” from the board.... Champ Man kiss of death.

Boro, you’re vocal with “time is up Poch”....

This international break is much needed for us all. Good to hear Poch say this too. He’s in Qatar at the moment. Reflecting hopefully.

This break could literally make or break him and us.

Can you see it?

Will you support him upon the teams return versus Watford, provided we see a change in attitude?

:pochbye:

The break is well timed as you say. You mention seeing a change in attitude and that is needed desperately from both manager and squad. I would like to think Poch has used the time wisely and sat down with the team and genuinely listened to what they have to say and not just paid lip service to their views and opinions.

He needs to win them back onto his side and he will only do that by convincing them he is flexible enough to evolve regarding formation and player selection.
The difficulty he has is there is definitely a 'favourites' mentality regarding some of the players and in order to do what is right some ego's will need bruising. That will be his most daunting task.
I said the Bayern match would be the true measuring stick of where we truly were performance wise and I stand by that. The Brighton game was a chance to prove he still held the dressing room and that opportunity was blatantly missed as the scoreline and manner of loss illustrated vividly.

The Watford match will show us whether or not Poch has managed to recover the situation and regain the respect and confidence in his players by perhaps admitting his shortcomings. The no-man's land between him and the team, which currently clearly exists, needs to be crossed.
A repeat of the Brighton debacle and I would be screaming for his head immediately so that someone else can shine a glimmer of hope through the current darkness. (Yep that's how bad I truly see this at the moment).

Nothing less than a positive,free flowing,confident and committed performance against a side which has failed to win one game so far this season will suffice. I expect a win by at least 3 goals. If Watford manage any points at all it will be a massive disappointment. I want smiles all around the ground, from fans and players alike when the final whistle blows. More importantly though, I want to see the team and the manager celebrate together on the pitch and show the media and our Premier rivals that we have weathered the storm.

Unfortunately I want doesn't always get but fingers crossed. Lose to Watford and I believe something must be done before we face Liverpool, even if we have to go there without a manager. Hope that answers your question my friend. :thumbup:

The break is well timed as you say. You mention seeing a change in attitude and that is needed desperately from both manager and squad. I would like to think Poch has used the time wisely and sat down with the team and genuinely listened to what they have to say and not just paid lip service to their views and opinions.

He needs to win them back onto his side and he will only do that by convincing them he is flexible enough to evolve regarding formation and player selection.
The difficulty he has is there is definitely a 'favourites' mentality regarding some of the players and in order to do what is right some ego's will need bruising. That will be his most daunting task.
I said the Bayern match would be the true measuring stick of where we truly were performance wise and I stand by that. The Brighton game was a chance to prove he still held the dressing room and that opportunity was blatantly missed as the scoreline and manner of loss illustrated vividly.

The Watford match will show us whether or not Poch has managed to recover the situation and regain the respect and confidence in his players by perhaps admitting his shortcomings. The no-man's land between him and the team, which currently clearly exists, needs to be crossed.
A repeat of the Brighton debacle and I would be screaming for his head immediately so that someone else can shine a glimmer of hope through the current darkness. (Yep that's how bad I truly see this at the moment).

Nothing less than a positive,free flowing,confident and committed performance against a side which has failed to win one game so far this season will suffice. I expect a win by at least 3 goals. If Watford manage any points at all it will be a massive disappointment. I want smiles all around the ground, from fans and players alike when the final whistle blows. More importantly though, I want to see the team and the manager celebrate together on the pitch and show the media and our Premier rivals that we have weathered the storm.

Unfortunately I want doesn't always get but fingers crossed. Lose to Watford and I believe something must be done before we face Liverpool, even if we have to go there without a manager. Hope that answers your question my friend. :thumbup:

It does indeed answer my question, thanks for the thorough reply.

Fair play, you always come across as level headed - so I just wanted to see if the break makes a difference. But as you say, Poch needs to see this break as a huge opportunity. And he needs some huge powers of introspection.

The favourites thing came up whilst he was at Southampton too.

He needs to know who is still fully with him, and play these players.

Agree Watford game can’t be seen as anything other than a win. And agree want doesn’t always get. I hope he sorts this. But they say it’s the hope that kills you....

:pochohshit::pochsulk:

It does indeed answer my question, thanks for the thorough reply.

Fair play, you always come across as level headed - so I just wanted to see if the break makes a difference. But as you say, Poch needs to see this break as a huge opportunity. And he needs some huge powers of introspection.

The favourites thing came up whilst he was at Southampton too.

He needs to know who is still fully with him, and play these players.

Agree Watford game can’t be seen as anything other than a win. And agree want doesn’t always get. I hope he sorts this. But they say it’s the hope that kills you....

:pochohshit::pochsulk:
I think you're point is valid and maybe the break will make a difference, but when you hear most pros talk they say that you want to get right back on pitch again against a top team to put it right.

I don't see that. At Brighton on 70 mins I saw HK strolling to the half way line like it was the London Marathon finish line. (Just before he skied it over the bar).

Players don't hate Poch, they just hate 5 years of the same drills.

For me the priority has got to be a revamp of our structure.

Making Poch "manager" three years ago was a disaster for our progression.

We need to bring in a really good Sporting Director/DOF. I'd love someone like Rangnick, but I know he'd be hard to prize away from the RB gig, someone like Luis Campos (Lille) would be worth considering maybe?

The way the squad's been allowed to go stale, contracts run down, poor recruitment, development of academy players handled very badly, integration even worse.

We need a Sporting Director to put in place an over arching philosophy - that starts with the first team and runs through every age group - and then gear the recruitment of head coach(s), academy coaches, and player recruitment around that over arching ethos.

We (or the new DOF) need to put in place much better recruitment/scouting/analytics dept.

If Poch left and we needed a caretaker manager, who would that be?
The U-23 coach, Wayne Burnett, has some lower league experience but would it be him? We also don’t seem to have a Sherwood character looking to try and take that chance.

Back
Top Bottom