Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
The funny thing is, I actually thought it was one of our better first halfs and 90 minutes energy wise.

The result will look like a thrashing but they got 3 quick fire silly goals from our part either side of half time, we pushed forward, got caught out for their 5th, lost our passion and they picked goals up for fun because of it.

It looks shit and it is shit, it's just not as shit as it looks and seems. We gifted them goals going for it at the end and we gifted them goals through poor play.

Their second we could and should have cleared, their third Aurier lunged instead of shepherd him like he always does (sell him sharpish), their fourth Winks lost silly possession, their fifth Aurier let him go and once again gave up on his run, the 6th Alderweireld poor pass we really made the result look a lot worse than it was.

Time to rally again, its a shame but ultimately it's just a loss even if it's painful. I say we give Poch a little longer, we are still only a point off of top 4 and the season has just started. He needs to buck his ideas up but now isn't now the time to make changes, not just yet anyway.

Wouldn't be surprised if the "outs" gets into the 30%'s tomorrow. Every time it seems like we turn a corner we're back to square one. I generally watch football for enjoyment and a distraction, not to see a physical metaphor of my life lol

Fyi, I still love the man, but I'm almost at the point where I feel that it's better for both parties if they part ways. Results haven't be great for a long time, we're going to need a monumental squad overhaul, and players aren't pulling up trees. Biggest issue is, who replaces him? Most good managers are under contract and guys like Howe aren't at the level required. No point sacking him unless someone better is available and willing.

Anyone that thinks a different manager would take this club forward than what poch has done is DELUDED. No manager would have made a difference tonight.

Levy needs to put his money where his mouth is and invest heavily in this squad or GTFO. He's alright acting the gangster thinking he's big and flash with the stadium and trying think he's big time but really he's a little cunt who has bled this club dry. He's a fucking pretender.

The fans should be backing Poch do or die. Where he has taken us on absolutely fuck all investment. Funny how short the fans memories are. If you think the manager is the problem then you are part of the problem of why we will never be a top top football club. Levy isn't fit to tie pochs shoes. His transfer dealings are an embarrassment to this club. Levy can fuck right off.

I am heartbroken. Truly, I don’t see a way back from here for Poch. Levy / ENIC should carry the can for their mismanagement, but they won’t ever bin themselves and letting this carry on is no option now.

The funny thing is, I actually thought it was one of our better first halfs and 90 minutes energy wise.

The result will look like a thrashing but they got 3 quick fire silly goals from our part either side of half time, we pushed forward, got caught out for their 5th, lost our passion and they picked goals up for fun because of it.

It looks shit and it is shit, it's just not as shit as it looks and seems. We gifted them goals going for it at the end and we gifted them goals through poor play.

Their second we could and should have cleared, their third Aurier lunged instead of shepherd him like he always does (sell him sharpish), their fourth Winks lost silly possession, their fifth Aurier let him go and once again gave up on his run, the 6th Alderweireld poor pass we really made the result look a lot worse than it was.

Time to rally again, its a shame but ultimately it's just a loss even if it's painful. I say we give Poch a little longer, we are still only a point off of top 4 and the season has just started. He needs to buck his ideas up but now isn't now the time to make changes, not just yet anyway.

I do really appreciate other people having a big picture mindset right now. The problem is we have really not played well at basically any point this season. I mean our best performance is probably Villa at home on the first day of the season or maybe Palace at home? This easily could've happened when we went to City away earlier in the year or Woolwich away. This isn't just any loss, it's one of the worst losses I can remember since maybe that 6-0 to City back in the AVB/Sherwood era? I can't remember which one of them were managing us that day but I think it was AVB. Does it make more sense to pull the plug when we still have a chance to fix it or when we are 10 points back?

Bayern were ruthlessly efficient, but our team making sloppy mistakes is not new. This has been happening all year and they just haven't been magnified in any single game until tonight. Hopefully Pochettino can get this team back on board, but my guess is after a 7-2 thrashing we can expect the opposite.

It's a fucking disgusting situation, but his position now is completely untenable. For me he's the best manager we've had in my time supporting Spurs, but this is just not how I want to remember him.

This is an Old Yellar moment.

Back
Top Bottom