Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Cuts deep tbh, really believed he was the one but it’s the manner in which we’re losing, the same mistakes with selections, late obvious subs laboured build up play.

My old man loved poch, always sang “he’s magic”. This will be a painful split if it happens which I fear it might. I would like to think he has enough quality to hand his keys over...

ancelotti for me but doubt we can get him

And we can only blame Levy for so much

Poch’s Position now untenable

Blame Team Poch or Blame Team Levy is all we hear from the fans right now, so it definitely says one thing, we have a problem, I mean nobody is on here shouting about how good things are going🙄

So who is really to blame? Well in my opinion both....Each camp will argue their case admirably and each camp will make good and reasonable arguments, but truth be told this is Spurs 2019, it’s the same Spurs since 2001, a Spurs operating under a checks and balance system, so it should not be a surprise to one single fan that this is how we operate, we have been doing it for nearly 20 years now🧐

So every manager we have had during this time has had to work under the exact same conditions, and none of them complained when we offered them the job whilst putting pen to paper on a more lucrative contract than they previously had, no it was Spurs and they couldn’t, and wouldn’t turn it down.

None of it will change whilst we operate the club in the way we currently do. Levy has always sought to bring us the best manager available, as he has done with players, and no these were not people standing in the unemployment line, they were the “best” “we” “Spurs” could get at any given time, some worked out and some didn’t, people like Santini couldn’t hack it, where as people like Redknapp became a victim of their own “Spurs” success, they craved more and more as their stock was rising, partly due to the praise heaped on them by “us” the fan.
But inevitably they wanted more, which this club couldn’t provide, sadly Pochettino has wondered down that path too, as did Redknapp before him, as did Modric, Walker and Bale too, and soon enough Eriksen, Alderweireld and Vertonghen will follow them to pastures new.
Kane will undoubtably follow soon enough as well.

So people, the only way that this peaks and troughs cycle is broken is by operating the club in a different way, and we know what that means, ENIC and Levy must depart White Hart Lane.

But the risk of replacing a manager is a lot less than the risk of replacing the owners....

So maybe Pochettino was right when he said we must be brave, maybe he meant we “the fans” need to get ENIC out to fuck😂

Sissoko should never be out wide or at RB - lacks any kind of technical ability and his crossing is diabolical
He can’t kick a ball on target.
For a professional footballer playing at this level he should at worst get a shot on target
Everything he shoots it’s a guarantee it’s going to hit the folks in row Z.
He should be spending hours on before and after matches practicing how to kick the ball.

ok - coming down from my anger high.

If Poch wants to win us back?

Stop fucking playing the dead weight.

No more Wanyama, Eriksen,

Stop fucking with the tactics and lineup. I don't want to see Sanchez at RB ever again. Stop playing Winks and Ndombele without a CDM. Dier, Skipp or even Sissoko (not preferred)

Make Lucas Kane Son work. We're not good enough (yet) to play out of the back. Use Son and Lucas' speed as an outlet. Tired of seeing Hugo kick the ball out of bounds.

Start seeing if there is something there with Sanchez & Foyth at CB.

Sess - please get well soon.

End rant... for now

Is anyone surprised? We've been punching for years now, running off of adrenaline, youth, fitness, team spirit, Kane goals and a little bit of luck but the club has seen barely any real investment for years now unless we sell a player first and now things are well and truly catching up with us and the wheels are falling off.

I would usually think this is just a bad spell and we'll see it through but it's different this time. I don't think anyone is happy at the club, poch included. Don't think he was happy about the summer window. The players all eyeing moves away.

Time to move a few players on I think. Just hope we keep Kane.

There are two parties to blame, but one party sure isn’t doing the best with what he has available. This squad is good enough to challenge, there is just something off within the locker room. We should not be struggling against lower league and lower half teams. We are far too talented.

For all the criticism Levy and Co. can get for not backing Poch, Poch can get just as much for how he is performing as the manager. He controls the mood of the locker room and he has clearly let the wounds fester and now the infection is spreading. Cause again, this squad is too talented to not be beating the likes of Colchester, Newcastle, Leicester, and others.

Since we lost that away game at Burnley, which seems to be the turning point we are across all competitions:

Won - 7
Drawn- 5
Lost - 13

If translated into league form that would be 26 points from a possible 75. 26 points from 25 games. Sad to say but if that were to continue across the next 10 games or so that is well and truly relegation form. Even if we want Poch to stay if that trend doesn't change we'll be left with no choice. A bit drastic maybe but that isn't 4-5 games, that's 25.

Levy will be monitoring things very closely I have absolutely no doubt in my mind. Poch talks about us not being good enough to take that next step etc but I'm not being funny, we are far, far better than the relegation form we are showing and have been for a long time now.

This run of games stretches back to February. We are 1 game away, this weekend from it being October. We're talking 8 months, not just a dodgy month or two. Mauricio is very lucky it's tail end of season and beggining of the season combined but if form doesn't change he'll find himself going from talking about never being able to manage Barcelona in the future to being lucky if Espanyol give him a 2nd look.

We lack cohesion, dynamic attitude, flow, confidence, belief and most worryingly a plan. The turgid, arrogant and obvious football when a squad boasts the names it does doesn't make for good reading.

I think if Poch hadn't moaned or flirted with the idea of leaving Spurs like he has done in the past that I'd be acting more loyal to him but the fact that he hasn't and numerous times he seemed to focus more on his reputation or his long term goals instead of the hand that feeds him has left me wafted thin. He needs 9 points from our next 3 games.

He says he's ambitious, well I'm ambitious too and if he can cast his eye over other avenues in order to achieve that then I can say in no uncertain terms that Pochettino is walking on very thin ice at the moment. It may seem fickle but then I thought the exact same when he started talking up jobs like at Real Madrid etc after we gave him a proper crack at managing a big team very early on in his managerial career. The guy hasn't won a single thing, what makes him think that Real are going to take him seriously? He needs to stop sulking, earn his crust and get us back on course, that's the only way he'll secure a bigger role in the future as far as I'm concerned.

He hasn't signed well since 2015 really, he can't point fingers much longer.

Last edited:
Ferguson showed his genius by being able to continually tear down and rebuild a team. Poch has not shown he can do this, but he has been hamstrung by the stadium build. For that alone, I think he deserves more time. How much more time depends on if we start to see some green shoots of recovery or not.

It's gonna get ugly one way or the other. Either he stays bucks his ideas up fucks of players who ain't good enough or don't wanna be here, and is given the remit to do what he did after Sherwood and AVB take a knife to the squad spend heavily and get what he wants in.

Or we get a new man in and allow him to spend also and hope he can bring a new set of ideas to the table.

I love Poch and don't think he deserves all the blame for the current situation, but we can't deny he's been fucking up a lot also. His subs have been shit for a long time, his picking favourites despite form is obviously harming us and his refusal to fucking play 4-3-3 is killing us also. Everyone knows how we are gonna set up before the game we never seemingly have a plan B since Llorente left. But worse he doesn't seem like he gives a fuck.

It's just not looking great and I hope Levy and Poch can have a sit down and he's given the green light to start again and rebuild like he obviously has wanted to for 2+ years. But I fear we sack him and don't try and fresh the squad up the same United and Chelsea did and end up back here in 2 years.

Ferguson showed his genius by being able to continually tear down and rebuild a team.

He did this by being brave enough to get rid of good, core players. If someone disrespected the club, him, his team mates, they would be gone.

Poch doesn't have the guts to do this. The core of our team has largely remained the same for 4-5 years+; Dier, Jan, Eriksen, Lloris, Rose, Davies, Lamela, Kane, Dele. He should have told Eriksen to leave this summer or last year, won the respect of the dressing by showing that no one is safe. Thinking of using this club as a stepping stone? Leave.

But of course he didn't. In fact he cultivated this mindset of using the club as a stepping stone, saying he would have left us if we won the CL, saying he might manage Real Madrid one day and so on.

Poch was never ruthless enough to build a legacy. He gets too chummy with his players and has his favourites who he will never drop. Many players at the club are past their best, yet are still here and starting.

source.gif

Poch out for me.

Man has been serving up shite for 1.5 years without being able to turn it around. We talk about players improving over time, Poch has been making the same mistakes and in some ways he's actually regressed.

Performances are terrible, tactics are all over the place, line-ups are questionable, can't motivate, always moody, can't manage in-game, subs are a joke.

Does anyone remember his stupid book? Has anyone ever pat themselves on the back for achieving nothing?

You may say, give him time, how long are you meant to give? Until players' careers are over? He has a weak mentality and we've had to endure all his moody quitting BS for months. Who wants to hear and live with that negativity all the time?

He's become a fucking moaner and an excuse factory.

I'm not for getting rid of a squad that should be challenging for the title for a man who has never won a trophy and has shown nowhere near the quality or mentality to be able to do so in his entire managerial career.

Back
Top Bottom