POCH BACK

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you now trade Poch for Mourinho

• Take Poch back

Votes: 72 45.9%
  • Keep faith with Mourinho

Votes: 85 54.1%

• Total voters
The poll is nonsense. There’s no way back for Poch now - the chairman’s mind was made up and Levy will not be “ brave “ enough to admit he has royally fucked up by appointing Jose Mourinho . We are stuck with the former special one until his inevitable sacking two or three years from now and that is that!

7 places higher than when Poch left trophy
IIRC the points gap to make that leap wasnt much in the way of a form improvement.

I fail to understand why it is that the Poch out faction cannot see that the problem is the playing staff - not the team management. The shit show now is the same as the shit show under Poch - ergo, it's the playing staff that are the problem.

I'm convinced that any manager worth his salt will fix the rot, if the defence is sorted out and the sick lame and lazy get their form and fitness back. Its my belief that even if Poch was offered a contract he would refuse unless he was given categoric promises that squad development funds were made available to him.

He would be a fool to do otherwise.

His mistake was not resigning, being sacked makes it looks like it's all his fault.

To sum up Poch. He had a pretty good squad over a long period of time and won nothing.

Mourinho has inherited that and has had half a season so far.

Silly to even compare.

Is this a Harry Hill board?

"But who should manage Spurs, Poch or Jose, there's only one way to find out..........

Oh wait we could have neither"

I'm as big a Poch fan as anyone but I agree with those saying he needed to move on. His heart wasnt in it by the end.

But I would get rid of jose in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even be nice about it either. Fuck off back to chelsea and take your sam Allardyce tribute show with you.

I'd let the new DOF choose the new coach.

Pochettino wasn't good enough for where we needed to go (or what he wanted to achieve) . That's obvious.

Forever grateful for him and the memories he and his team provided but it was time for him to move on. Just like it was for Jol and Redknapp when it was clear overall that they probably couldn't take us any further.

For me, jury is out on Mourinho until he's had atleast a year in the job. A proper pre-season, a squad of players HE wants and trusts and signings that he wants.

The poll is nonsense. There’s no way back for Poch now - the chairman’s mind was made up and Levy will not be “ brave “ enough to admit he has royally fucked up by appointing Jose Mourinho . We are stuck with the former special one until his inevitable sacking two or three years from now and that is that!
And if by this time next week his then lost 6 in a row?

Does levy have to act then?

Would love this to happen, but it never will..didn't want him to leave in the first place but levy panicked.
Things were not going well before he left and to be fair they have not got any better since...
Plux after that why would he come back, he can move onto pastures way greener without that horrible little cunt levy.....thanks again levy

And if by this time next week his then lost 6 in a row?

Does levy have to act then?

Jose will not get sacked any time soon, but he most certainly will get sacked eventually. Levy won’t give Mourinho the sort of war chest he’d like - he wouldn’t give it to Poch and he won’t give it to this bloke! This “ special one” appointment is a global PR stunt gone wrong - I’m surprised he didn’t appoint David Beckham given his thinking- blokes a cunt!

Back
Top Bottom