Player Ratings so far

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't be ridiculous, it's just a comparison of opinion. Plenty of people participate in ratings both on here and other platforms. Admin considered it worthwhile and significant numbers contribute. There is no point to it unless a final table is produced to indicate who our best player was, the forum system does that ongoing, I just produced mine and compared it. There are factors which may affect accuracy like sub appearances ( which I don't include ) and rogue ratings such as all 10s or 1s which I also don't include but admin may let a few slip through, I don't know.
Other factors are anger and euphoria affecting ratings which I try to minimise by combining neutral ratings from other sources.
Why not criticise the admin system ongoing when the accumulative season ratings change each week. ?
I've wasted enough time on you already.

Current standings , pure forum standings last column.
......................................PF
1. Maddison 7.50, 3
2. Vdv..............7.24, 1
3. Porro..........6.99, 5
4. Vicario.......6.93, 2
5. Romero.....6.87, 4
6. Sarr.............6.76, 7
7. Udogie.......6.73, 6
8. Son..............6.67, 8
9.Kulusves.....6.52, 10
10. Bissoum...6.46, 9
11. Richarlis...6.37, 11
12. Johnson....5.87, 13,
13. Royal..........5.83, 12

Last edited:
All this thread highlights is that looking around at other ratings is a waste of time as the differences are negligible.

Means admin's system works perfectly well at giving a fair assessment of performances.

All this thread highlights is that looking around at other ratings is a waste of time as the differences are negligible.

Means admin's system works perfectly well at giving a fair assessment of performances.
Nonsense, only 2 of the order of merit match, how is that negligible. ?
This coming from the fool who disrespects admins thread every match by giving 10s to every player.

Nonsense, only 2 of the order of merit match, how is that negligible.
This coming from the fool who disrespects admins thread every match by giving 10s to every player.
Wow. Personal abuse and my skin is thin. Time for the gif again...

Baby Reaction GIF

I tell you what...you show me three players where the forum rating differs from your tampered ratings by more than 1 and then I'll post genuine ratings for every single game until I die.

Actually, I think most only differ by around .5 so I'll make it harder for myself... 3 players where the difference is more than .75 either way.

Wow. Personal abuse and my skin is thin. Time for the gif again...

Baby Reaction GIF

I tell you what...you show me three players where the forum rating differs from your tampered ratings by more than 1 and then I'll post genuine ratings for every single game until I die.

Actually, I think most only differ by around .5 so I'll make it harder for myself... 3 players where the difference is more than .75 either way.
0.50 is a big difference across the whole season, it could mean a 6 being unacceptable or a 6.50 being good. You don't understand the scale. Hence my pushing for 0.50 increments to give a more accurate rating.
In seasons past, Kane struggled to attain a 6.50 across a whole season and those not quite at his level will be less than 0.50 behind.
I will put up last seasons averages later, already I know the level has improved although we have a way to go yet.
Without going into it in depth at the moment, I would suggest a 0.25 difference is the point where questions need to be asked.

Last seasons averages.

1. Kane.......6.63 47 games
2.Hojbjerg.6.19 43 games
3.Kulu..........6.19 27 games
4.Davies......5.94 31 games
5. Lenglet....5.89 32 games
6. Royal........5.88 26 games
7. Romero...5.87 31 games
8. Dier...........5.83 39 games
9. Lloris.........5.81 30 games
10. Perisic....5.74 33 games
11. Son..........5.53 42 games

Other players not shown played under 25 games.

On last seasons averages the difference between position number 2 and 11 is 0.66. I'm excluding Kane at number one because he was exceptional.
This displays how close average ratings are on paper.
For Kane to hit 6.63 across 47 games was incredible.

Season 21/22 averages.

1. Dier..............6.65
2. Romero......6.58
3. Lloris...........6.45
4. Skipp/Son.6.37
5.Kane............6.25
6.Hojbjerg.....6.21
7. Sanchez.....6.18
8 Moura.........6.17
9. Royal..........6.08
10 . Davies....5.91

20/21 Season

1. Kane...........6.63
2. Hojbjerg....6.41
3. Toby............6.35
4. Lloris..........6.22
5. Ndombele 6.20
6. Son...............6.19
7.Dele..............6.18
8.Loco..............6.16
9. Dier..............6.10
10.Lamela......6.08
11. Aurier.......5.86
12. Davies......5.84

5 out of 13 players have a differential in comparisons of systems above 0.25 and one was 0.23. But this is so far this season, not finalised.
I don't care about differences from player to player.

I was talking about you comparing the forum average for a player against your contrived averages for the same player.

The difference is so negligible that it's not worth you 'fixing' them.

We can all just look at the forum averages as a pretty good barometer of a player's performance.

I don't care about differences from player to player.

I was talking about you comparing the forum average for a player against your contrived averages for the same player.

The difference is so negligible that it's not worth you 'fixing' them.

We can all just look at the forum averages as a pretty good barometer of a player's performance.
I've said 5 of the 13 players have differences above 0.25 and one more was close at 0.23. A difference of 0.25 is significant.
I don't fix ratings, I bring in a broader opinion and select those from this forum that are sensible and don't misrepresent a players performance, for example rating Hojbjerg a 3 because the poster hates him or Royal a 1 when a 6.5 was more realistic.
Admin said he would vet the joke ratings out which is the same, but I'm not sure he does it consistently.

You obviously don't care about player to player comparisons as you give 10s to all. You obviously don't care about admins thread either because you disrespect it.

Still failing to acknowledge the relative differences between players as relevant.

There's nothing statistically interesting to be found in the way you go about the comparisons.

Combined with your self proclaimed ability to disregard some posters ratings based on what newspapers use as a base line even though the ratings would be essentially incredibly similar (e.g. newspapers give all 6's, after a loss poster gives all 4's, after a win poster gives all 8's) - it makes this nothing more than your own project you are trying to pass off as a community thing.

It's not a community thing because of how you deal with the data.

Sorry, The Dealer I like that we have a resident stats-nerd, I just don't know what to make of the stats. Are you saying that our stats and stats elsewhere differ?

I've recapped this thread... was the post above about it not mattering just saying they are so close as to make no difference?

Maybe it would help to explain a few things:

1. The order of merit and how we might use that mentally or practically.
2. Who the 'other' stats are.
3. Why opinion-based stats matter.
4. Who are you and what is your special relationship with the admin?
5. How much for a gram of gianluca?

Back
Top Bottom