Petition for Jeff Bezos to buy Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So can I just start a petition to get Jeff Bezos to give me a few million then, is that how this works?

Can't see what Amazon would gain from owning us, or even sponsoring us. The profit to be had would be small fry for him, it's not as if they NEED the exposure, and it'd more likely make them less popular with more people than it made them popular with, ie Woolwich, Chelsea, West Ham, Liverpool, everyone that hates us vs a few extra Spurs fans signing up for a prime membership, and from what you read online it seems like most Spurs fans hate Spurs too...

I don't think Jeff Bezos got as rich as he has due to his unparalleled benevolence.

What about a tax-dodger billionaire with questionable past
Sad-Roman-Abramovich.jpg

So can I just start a petition to get Jeff Bezos to give me a few million then, is that how this works?

Can't see what Amazon would gain from owning us, or even sponsoring us. The profit to be had would be small fry for him, it's not as if they NEED the exposure, and it'd more likely make them less popular with more people than it made them popular with, ie Woolwich, Chelsea, West Ham, Liverpool, everyone that hates us vs a few extra Spurs fans signing up for a prime membership, and from what you read online it seems like most Spurs fans hate Spurs too...

I don't think Jeff Bezos got as rich as he has due to his unparalleled benevolence.
I can see the benefit of owning the stadium rights, they'd attract loads of things to perform there. Amazon Arena has a ring to it, but I don't think he'll do it.

If he had an interest in owning a franchise he'd have bought an NFL, NBA or NBL team, but he hasn't.

I think Alphabet, Google's owners, is a safer bet.

Haha- you think Levy’s ruthless and doesn’t give a shit...at least he has an opinion about us and is, by all accounts, a fan. Want to see a club run by business people? Take a look at Watford and Sunderland.

Football is a shit business unless (a) you're a fan who derives non-financial benefit from the thrill of running a club and the public attention that comes from it (not Bezos' style in either respect) or (b) your football operation is window dressing meant to launder the reputation of your ugly, deplorable actual business (true of all the petro-clubs, probably should be true of Bezos but isn't).

I think he'd spend. He's pouring a shitload of money into Blue Origin and it hasn't done much of anything outside of making a rocket that looks like a sex toy
58bef7718618b2c8008b4597

Only way we are getting a load of money from Bezos is if one of you marry and divorce him for a quick £10bn and give a nice chunk to the club.

Yeah but he really really likes to win. He kind of liked the Ferngi out of star trek.
He likes to win in business, that means accumulating more wealth than your competitors. Sadly Levy never realised that winning in football means acquiring symbolic tokens called trophies, not only positive net aggregate revenues.

A businessman who wants to “win” in football needs to think like every season is a part of a financial decade, not a year.

Back
Top Bottom