Persia vs. THE United States of America 11am PST on ESPN8

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we face them I suspect Van Gaal will be the difference maker. Talent wise England are miles ahead, but Van Gaal has set his team up better.

I expect England to put up another borefest, and eventually the Dutch will get ahead and the waistcoat wanker will watch on helplessly just like against Croatia and Italy.
He’s a weirdo and now also an OAP weirdo

We go again
Awkward Gary Oldman GIF by Apple TV+

Difficult win. 3rd game in 8 days was always going to be far from plain sailing after the shift we had to put in the first 2 games. Our lack of depth is brutal on the starting 11 and probably will ultimately be what kills us, but it's nice to go into the knockouts undefeated.

Think we have a solid chance against the Dutch if we can get our players rested up and healthy in time. Certainly would choose them over somebody like France, Brazil, or Spain.

Same here. I dont think it likely we will win, but I think we have a chance
Your athleticism is definitely a positive that might earn you a chance or two, but you've scored just 2 against Wales and Iran, what are the chances you score against the Dutch?

Whether you go through is almost entirely down to whether the Dutch sleep walk through the game like England did, and even that might not be enough.

Your athleticism is definitely a positive that might earn you a chance or two, but you've scored just 2 against Wales and Iran, what are the chances you score against the Dutch?

Whether you go through is almost entirely down to whether the Dutch sleep walk through the game like England did, and even that might not be enough.
I don’t think we win because Netherlands have better players but their style of play might help us create chances. We play better without the ball lately, sitting back and countering will open the game up more.

I don’t think we win because Netherlands have better players but their style of play might help us create chances. We play better without the ball lately, sitting back and countering will open the game up more.
You can count on a bit of clownery from De Ligt, hope your manager targets him relentlessly. Get Robinson, Pulisic and Weah taking turns 1v1 against him. He'll eventually do something hilarious.

The question is whether someone can then convert that into a goal.

Anyway, hope you do win.

Because aside from their little cup final they struggled to cling on to a draw against Wales and clung on to a 1-0 win vs Iran.

Yeah they worked hard & shut down an England team happy to take a draw, congratulations. There's still very little quality there and it showed vs teams they were expected to beat.
Hallelujah, you changed that stupid Thomas Müller avatar!!! 🙏

I've got some space you can interpret.

GIF by WWE

Back
Top Bottom