Pedro Porro

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just looked that up as couldn’t remember him frim City at all.

Never even trained with the first team. Went there after one year of professional football then spent three years on loan.
First season played 13 times for his club. He just wasn’t ready. A strange buy really by city.

Guess they made money on the sell on clause. Arguably would not have developed in the same way playing sporadically at City.

Rumours were that he and Guardiola didn't get along.

They had a buy back clause when at Sporting and even when he was tearing it up, they never considered it once.

Agree - but that five are there for the long haul.

I can’t get my head around why Davies is generally so good at Cb yet so fucking awful at LB

Well, that is quite simple really.
Because he is not.

There have been times when him playing in LB was not great.
Then again, most likely it corresponds to time when we were shit collectively and system as a whole was not working too great either.

Some people will never admit it, but when we look at their best ever form / best ever season at LB, then Benny outperformed even Danny Rose. More goals and assists and better defensive discipline to go with it. Most will never admit it, because of their narrow-minded-obsession of pure pace. While actually with this pace Danny often ran into dead ends or screwed up crosses and was overconfident at his recovery pace.

Well, that is quite simple really.
Because he is not.

There have been times when him playing in LB was not great.
Then again, most likely it corresponds to time when we were shit collectively and system as a whole was not working too great either.

Some people will never admit it, but when we look at their best ever form / best ever season at LB, then Benny outperformed even Danny Rose. More goals and assists and better defensive discipline to go with it. Most will never admit it, because of their narrow-minded-obsession of pure pace. While actually with this pace Danny often ran into dead ends or screwed up crosses and was overconfident at his recovery pace.
Rose was sensational for a season or so but agree, outside that he was patchy

Seems a long time since Davies looked good at LB IMO. In recent years, he’s just been poor and yet v good at LCB and now CB

Honestly the prospect of Porro and Udogie running our flanks in this Postecoglu system for years to come has me watering at the mouth. I can't recall anybody ever having two full backs as good on the ball as these two can be on their day. Not just runners/crossers, but actual ball players who can receive the pass in tight spaces and move and play too. So exciting to watch and for our future.
What I like about the pair is that they complement each other really well.
GBGa_UzXEAABDnE

Love this and love Pedro. He has become a vital cog in the team and plays Angeball to perfection.
So unlucky not to have added a couple of goals to his game, but hopefully this will change soon.
He presents as really enjoying his football, playing for the shirt and the manager, that's what we want across the board, then we are in the running to win stuff!

The things I like most about him are his trippier like passing and his attitude. He is always so positive and tries to get the crowd and players going and he’s the epitome of camaraderie.

What id like to see him improve on is his defensive positioning. Maybe ange is telling him to do this but at times he’s just SO narrow. They swing a long ball out to the left winger and he has all day to control it and progress it forward 10-20 yards.

Porro usually does pretty well 1v1 in these situations but I think being a little wider would

1) force the long ball to be more accurate. With how narrow he plays, even poorly hit long balls will get to the winger because of how much space he’s conceding

2) slow the attacker down and make him progress the ball a bit slower. That would give us a little extra time to get back in transition. He doesn’t have to close the winger down completely but at least get close enough where the winger has to take smaller touches and adjust to Porro’s presence.

Then again, maybe all of this is some tactic that’s over my head. Playing narrow could allow some emergency cover for Romero to be more aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom