Pavlyuchenko: Style Icon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's what I get for not checking references. :harrylol:

Wherever I read that from made the claim that Croatia never went Communist. Wasn't sure about that but didn't bother to check. I guess when you assume it makes an "ass out of u and me."

But seriously, there's something about those plucky Croatians. Don't see too many Croatians breaking into EPL outside of those being developed by Dynamo, though Whether that destroys the entire theory is up to you. But there are always going to be individual exceptions.

But seriously. Pav is a god damn United Russia Council Member. I bet that guy was a Communist poster child growing up.

Yeah - not sure the "ex-communist state" thing holds much water. Branislav Ivanovic, Nemanja Vidic, etc - plenty of former Soviet bloc players that put in a ton of effort. In fact, the Russian national team is pretty much entirely grafters with a few flair players (Arshavin, Pav to an extent) ... and I don't think anyone has ever described the Serbian team as "lazy" or "soft".

I will say that the Balkan states / former Yugoslavia do the best in Eastern Europe at training players from the youth ages on up. No question that Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia, etc produce far, far more talent than their population suggests they would. They have very good developmental systems.

VirginiaSpur said:
Wherever I read that from made the claim that Croatia never went Communist. Wasn't sure about that but didn't bother to check. I guess when you assume it makes an "ass out of u and me."

Croatia was part of Yugoslavia, which was Communist ... but not really Soviet. Tito managed to keep the U.S.S.R at something of an arms length compared to other Soviet bloc states.

Paydro said:
I liked Pav, he scored some crackers. We need one of the computer savvy (read fucking nerds lol) to put together a vid with all his Tottenham goals. I'm sure he'd look fuckn class.

edit - 42 goals in 113 appearances :pav:

A better nerd than I would've knocked this together minutes after your request rather than 10 days, but here it is nonetheless:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ywC1q1Q7eQ[/youtube]

boxbat said:
Paydro said:
I liked Pav, he scored some crackers. We need one of the computer savvy (read fucking nerds lol) to put together a vid with all his Tottenham goals. I'm sure he'd look fuckn class.

edit - 42 goals in 113 appearances :pav:

A better nerd than I would've knocked this together minutes after your request rather than 10 days, but here it is nonetheless:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ywC1q1Q7eQ[/youtube]

You couldn't of picked a better backing track!

It's gonna be sad not seeing his name on the subs bench today

Cheers, I thought there was something poignant about it... he's like a forbidden love in many ways - destined never to be fulfilled. Or something...

You are right....but thats no reason to miss him.

Its a reason for immense concern, because Pav was shit for 9 of every 10 games.
Agree completely. I just loved his shit hair and ability to score absolute belters when he felt like it. The rocket that relegated Birmingham City springs to mind...

Roman-Pavlyuchenko-1.jpg

Roman-Pavlyuchenko-2.jpg

Loved the one against Inter Milan just after Bale had destroyed Maicon in the build up!

Happy days!

:baletroll:

Was in the North stand last game of the season against Birmigham when they got relegated on the final day thanks to a Pav brace.

Beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom