Parker is being groomed

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

chichester

:eek: half way down brooking says he is grooming parker http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ons-for-Euro-2013-hit-by-key-withdrawals.html

oo er misssus

Who knows he might make a good coach, im still waiting to see if sherwood will make the jump into proper coaching of if he is to comfortable with his cushy job. At least the F.A. are trying to bring through more english coaches.

I wonder what it is that made them think parker would be a good coach, he does not seem to be the player that dictates play, more of a rush around like a headless chicken type thing. Wonder if with the F.A. it is like the old milk monitor at school when whoever puts their name down for it gets the job.

You don't need to have been a world beater to be a good manager. Mourinho, AVB, Lippi, Fergie etc.

while i agree with that i am just wondering what style of play a parker team would play and if he was a coach to play passing expressive football how come he has never played in that style. Maybe it will be a case of do as i say not do as i do.

Cant think of an ex player who played rough football who then went on to coach in an attractive passing style. If you look at paul ince's teams versus gus poyet's teams you will see what i mean.

It is why im unsure how good a coach sherwood would be because my memory of him was of a player who used to look out of his depth a lot. For sure a player that could not pass the ball might become a coach of a team that passes a lot because it is what that coach wants to play the game like.

But for me players like sherwood and parker have never really struck me as the sort of players that saw the game as about pass and move, but mroe charging up and down the pitch like school kids chasing the ball.

You don't need to have been a world beater to be a good manager. Mourinho, AVB, Lippi, Fergie etc.

ahem... Wenger!

Works the other way too; Hoddle, Ardiles, Souness, Roy Keane....
That's one hell of a midfield, but a fucking useless management team!!

....and Maradona's a pretty ropey coach too!!

Diego Simeone is probably the best example of a player whose team isn't in his likeness, also in Spain there is Bielsa. Perhaps you can even throw in Capello, England apart, his teams were/are pretty expressive.

Of course there are those that never change Trappatoni- dour footballer-dour teams

Diego Simeone is probably the best example of a player whose team isn't in his likeness, also in Spain there is Bielsa. Perhaps you can even throw in Capello, England apart, his teams were/are pretty expressive.

Of course there are those that never change Trappatoni- dour footballer-dour teams

Oh ok fair enough, i have not really watched simeone close enough to know, usually though i think players style seems to follow them into coaching.

Training sessions with Scott Parker would be interesting. The first session would be pirouettes and the the second session back passing. Nailed on title contenders I say.

Perhaps you can even throw in Capello, England apart, his teams were/are pretty expressive.
I'm not sure about that - this is a man who was sacked after winning the league (twice) at Real for not playing 'the right way' in Madrid. I guess you can say that Madrid sack most of their managers, though! Capello is in the mould of 'defend first, attack second' IMO

Back
Top Bottom