Papiss Cissé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some Geordies I chat to on twitter think he's not even good enough for them.

Only role I'd be happy with him taking would be as 2nd/3rd choice if Defoe/Ade left and we signed a top notch option.

Seems to be a bit of trend amongst Geordies to act fucking retarded. Not saying Cisse is some sort of superstar but they are lucky to have him , hopfully he leaves and then they'll realise what a load of shit their club is.

Is this a further attempt to prove the theory that if we start a thread on a potential new player, the transfer never happens?

I think Ade, Defoe and Cisse would be a decent set of options, assuming they play to potential, don't moan about bench time and stay healthy. Would that be too much to expect?

edit: Not the forward that we need, but could be useful as cover, and possibly at a knock-down price.

I hear you and agree, but this is the whole issue, we don't need cover. We need a top quality, lethal, senior striker. If we have to pay £20m to sign one so be it. Otherwise Levy risks the whole stack of cards falling down by pissing AVB and Bale off and that's going to cost him and the club £20m anyway.

I hear you and agree, but this is the whole issue, we don't need cover. We need a top quality, lethal, senior striker. If we have to pay £20m to sign one so be it. Otherwise Levy risks the whole stack of cards falling down by pissing AVB and Bale off and that's going to cost him and the club £20m anyway.

Yes, that's my point. I'm fine with Cisse coming in, but only as cover for another top striker.

I think Remy is far more likely. Better player at a relegation club = cheap fee. If the whole rape thing being dismissed that is (would make for some good chants if we do sign him after)

It seems like a top striker is extremely unlikely. I'd take Cisse, he's scored some incredible goals for Newcastle.

I don't think Remy is better than Cisse (while playing at striker) and Cisse is not a one-season wonder. He's scored loads of goals (22 in 32 (2010/11)) for a not very good Freiburg side in the Bundesliga.

He dosen't want to wear the Newcastle shirt because of the sponsor "wonga" due to religous reasons

I really dont buy that, it just doesnt sit right - Im convinced its just a tool for him to engineer a move away from Newcastle.

He didnt mind Virgin Money

images

Or at Metz where this firm offered credit cards

Les-Senegalais-sauvent-Metz_article_hover_preview.jpg

I really dont buy that, it just doesnt sit right - Im convinced its just a tool for him to engineer a move away from Newcastle.
Could be, but people also can change how devout they are over time.

Furthermore, it could be that the previous sponsors were mere slights to his beliefs, but Wonga is simply beyond the pale.

Really don't rate him. Didn't when he was scoring for fun in 2011/12. He's a decent finisher but his contribution to the team outside of that is always disgracefully poor.

I really dont want Cisse. He is not better than what we have already, and that is what we are going for here, surely? i.e. someone better than what we have already. Yes, that costs money, but fuck me it's so brain shittingly obvious that is what we need. If we get a decent striker in, even overpriced, it is worth it because we would then have a seriously good team, one that we should be disapointed with if we only achieved fourth next season. So it justifies the cost of someone like Soldado. I just hope and pray that I wake up tomorrow and by some miracle Levy has stubbed up the cash and bought Soldado. Instead, here we are talking about Cisse, ffs. And Remy. And we all know why dont we - because Levy is far more likely to buy them cause they're gonna be cheap. :avbshock:

^^^^^
This. There's no point spending £8-10m on a 3 series when we already have one in the garage we can use. We need to be spending £18-20m on a Maserati otherwise we may as well stick with what we have.

He's not better than Defoe IMO... Good eye for goal and has a decent shot but limited ability after that. Ade is miles ahead of him too.

Like others have said, we need to go all out and get a quality striker. Most likely we'll end up with Remy or someone of that ilk (average)

^^^^^
This. There's no point spending £8-10m on a 3 series when we already have one in the garage we can use. We need to be spending £18-20m on a Maserati otherwise we may as well stick with what we have.

the fuck are you talking about? With 18-20m you can buy a much, much better fucking car than a fucking Maserati.

Back
Top Bottom