Papiss Cissé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now don't get me wrong he is certainly not my 1st choice striker but as things stand, we are running out of options and with the latest Benteke saga ending it's looking more than likely that we are not going to be signing any of our supposed targets. The remaining targets are just to expensive and i can't see Spurs paying 20million plus for the likes of Soldaldo or Leandro (as much as i would love it) so it leads me to a cheap alternative and one who i believe could be a pretty decent addition in Papis Cisse.

He dosen't want to wear the Newcastle shirt because of the sponsor "wonga" due to religous reasons and there is no way Newcastle will change sponsor for just one player so i don't think they got any choice but to sell. They are rumoured to be in for Bent and Remy so would make sense. Surely a 6/7 million bid for Cisse could do the trick? Like i say he is not my personal preference but certainly if Levy is being his usual penny pinching and dithering self then for me he is the best cheap and realistic option we can get. He has only just turned 28 and was superb at the start for Newcastle and i think at a better club he could thrive.....thoughts?

Like i say, Cisse is certainly not someone i would of wanted at the start but we just look like we are going down the same Spurs route once again with this striker issue. If we are not going to pay the required prices for these players why do we continue to look at them season after season? :mad: Really winds me up.

Some Geordies I chat to on twitter think he's not even good enough for them.

Only role I'd be happy with him taking would be as 2nd/3rd choice if Defoe/Ade left and we signed a top notch option.

Now don't get me wrong he is certainly not my 1st choice striker but as things stand, we are running out of options and with the latest Benteke saga ending it's looking more than likely that we are not going to be signing any of our supposed targets. The remaining targets are just to expensive and i can't see Spurs paying 20million plus for the likes of Soldaldo or Leandro (as much as i would love it) so it leads me to a cheap alternative and one who i believe could be a pretty decent addition in Papis Cisse.

He dosen't want to wear the Newcastle shirt because of the sponsor "wonga" due to religous reasons and there is no way Newcastle will change sponsor for just one player so i don't think they got any choice but to sell. They are rumoured to be in for Bent and Remy so would make sense. Surely a 6/7 million bid for Cisse could do the trick? Like i say he is not my personal preference but certainly if Levy is being his usual penny pinching and dithering self then for me he is the best cheap and realistic option we can get. He has only just turned 28 and was superb at the start for Newcastle and i think at a better club he could thrive.....thoughts?
Don Coleone and papis cisse?

You are Joe Kinnear, and I claim my £5.

I would take him. I think most people forget that he played the first half of the season on the right wing last season with Ba playing striker and he simply isn't a winger. I don't know what pardew was thinking on that one. The second half his midfield had no creativity with Cabaye out. He's much more complete than Defoe in my opinion.

I'd rather avoid Cisse unless we had to and go for someone else. I agree though I could see him as being a signing Levy would make. Spend more on someone like Yilmaz.

I'm reserving judgement.

Was brilliant for Newcastle when he signed, then Demba Ba came in and Cisse was shunted off to the wing, where he had no impact.

Demba Ba ships off to Chelsea, and then Cisse goes on a run again. I've seen some stupidly impressive highlights from the man, and while I'm not overly impressed with the idea of going in for him right now, I don't think some people's judgment here is fair, considering he's been played out of position for a fair bit of his time at Newcastle.

edit: Not the forward that we need, but could be useful as cover, and possibly at a knock-down price.

I'd rather avoid Cisse unless we had to and go for someone else. I agree though I could see him as being a signing Levy would make. Spend more on someone like Yilmaz.
I agree that I'd rather spend on somebody big like Soldado or Yilmaz. However, if we don't spend big, we could do a lot worse than Cisse. If we got Cisse as a second striker to somebody like Soldado, I would be ecstatic.

Back
Top Bottom