Pape Sarr

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Beautifully balanced footballer in all areas of ability. Being so well rounded at 21 is ridiculous.

Also another footballer with a very distinct and pleasing style

I honestly think he could play on the right of our attack, not many fullbacks who can live with him. Has all the skill, athleticism, can pass, cross, finish.

If Bentancur gets back to 100%, we could try Sarr out there.

Or just clone Sarr and play 9 of him, VdV and Vicario. Whichever.

Doesn’t have Kante’s superhuman ball winning or reading or the game (yet) and I think will end up a lot more offensive than him.

He covers as much ground down his side as Kante used to. Kante is probably the best ball winner of my lifetime so agree Sarr isn't there yet but he has that nose for an interception and ability take it off people without going to ground.

Going forward always felt Kante was underrated but Sarr has a higher ceiling for sure. 6 GIs and counting, first season as a starter in the toughest league in the world, 21 years of age. Sometimes I feel like he's not hyped nearly as much as he should be.

He covers as much ground down his side as Kante used to. Kante is probably the best ball winner of my lifetime so agree Sarr isn't there yet but he has that nose for an interception and ability take it off people without going to ground.

Going forward always felt Kante was underrated but Sarr has a higher ceiling for sure. 6 GIs and counting, first season as a starter in the toughest league in the world, 21 years of age. Sometimes I feel like he's not hyped nearly as much as he should be.

I don’t think he will ever be a Kante level player defensively. Kante really was superhuman positionally and knowing when to put a foot in.

But yeah, he’s got more drive going forward. Kante was tidy in forward areas but Sarr is outright dangerous.

He’s complete. One of the best young midfielders in the world right now.

I don’t think he will ever be a Kante level player defensively. Kante really was superhuman positionally and knowing when to put a foot in.

But yeah, he’s got more drive going forward. Kante was tidy in forward areas but Sarr is outright dangerous.

He’s complete. One of the best young midfielders in the world right now.
Add in Bergval and I have a feeling we will sign a younger defensive midfielder too. I think we have our recruitment house in order just now.

What a player... intelligence, technical ability, work rate, can chip in with a goal and assist he has it all at such young age.
So glad we have a menager that allows him to play and develop.

For those who wrote Pape off...
Forgive The Doctor GIF by Doctor Who

In a strong field thought sarr edged man of the match. Really beginning to bloom as a starter. Lovely to see it.

beginning?
to bloom?
as starter?

I understand that other teams fans might have not noticed him.
But our own fans? Well, sorry if I am bit harsh, but just that his comment sounds quite ignorant.

Pape Sarr started 9 games out of our run of 10 unbeaten games in the start of the season.
Few pages ago I posted a stat of our PPG with or without Sarr. As few things have happened between now and then I'll update it.

SPURS IN EPL with Sarr starting - 13W, 1D, 4L; 2,22 ppg (84 points per season)
SPURS IN EPL without Sarr starting - 3W 4D 2L; 1,44 ppg (54 points per season)

He is not STARTING to bloom. He has been biggest blossom of our midfield the whole season. By FAR. Maybe time to give him proper respect for that.

beginning?
to bloom?
as starter?

I understand that other teams fans might have not noticed him.
But our own fans? Well, sorry if I am bit harsh, but just that his comment sounds quite ignorant.

Pape Sarr started 9 games out of our run of 10 unbeaten games in the start of the season.
Few pages ago I posted a stat of our PPG with or without Sarr. As few things have happened between now and then I'll update it.

SPURS IN EPL with Sarr starting - 13W, 1D, 4L; 2,22 ppg (84 points per season)
SPURS IN EPL without Sarr starting - 3W 4D 2L; 1,44 ppg (54 points per season)

He is not STARTING to bloom. He has been biggest blossom of our midfield the whole season. By FAR. Maybe time to give him proper respect for that.
Fair enough

Back
Top Bottom