Pape Sarr

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm okay with Lanky player's but he's skinny. He Will naturally bulk with age and we'll see him boss it more. It will happen

as long as it's natural but the last thing you want to do with a freak athlete like Pape is bulk him up.

This ain't the 90's and Patrick Vieira, the real mf bosses are the ones that cover the most ground and have the technicals to make difficult look easy.

as long as it's natural but the last thing you want to do with a freak athlete like Pape is bulk him up.

This ain't the 90's and Patrick Vieira, the real mf bosses are the ones that cover the most ground and have the technicals to make difficult look easy.
I was more surprised how skinny he is now. He will naturally be bigger and boss it more imo. Agree he shouldn't be concentrating on bulk

He is an unbelievable athlete. His off the ball work is what really stands him out as potentially world class though in my opinion. The late runs he makes from midfield like today are unbelievable, and he covers so much ground defensively.

One of the first names on the team sheet right now.

I bet he's stronger than he looks though. We have seen him bully people off the ball and shield players that look much stronger. He's got that wirey strength.
I don’t believe I’ve ever seen him muscled off the ball by anyone ever. He regularly out strengths opponents and has cardio for days.

Last edited:
So glad for him after that injury v Bmouth and then AFCON.

I can think of several strikers who would have cocked up that chance, wrong foot, very little goal to aim at. Nice that initially he squared it for Richi tap in when he could have shot himself.

Kudos whoever scouted him. Apparently highly rated by Jose or Conte in training.

With Bentancur being undercooked now we could really do with a Sarr being fit and able till the end of the season.

Will be interesting to see whether his recent goals are a flash in the pan, or hopefully the start of a goal-scoring MF.

I watched nothing of AFCON - how was he in that?

Edit just checked his Spurs stats

20 appearances in total but not often the full 90 and some subbed on

3 goals
2 assists

not shabby at all

Last edited:
Hes crucial to our success,

- Didn't start against Brentford on the opening day, drew 2-2

- In the next 9 games, he starts all, gets 1 goal and 1 assist and we win 8 of them and draw 1. Conceding just 6 in the process.

- Starts against Chelsea. Gets an assist and the score is at 1-1 when he goes off.

- Starts against Wolves the next week, 1-0 up when he's subbed off..

He the misses the next two games with injury

- (2-1 loss vs Villa)
- (3-3 draw vs City)

Back in the squad for the next game but doesn't start and only plays 6 minutes at the end

- (2-1 loss vs West Ham)

He then starts out next five games. We are 4-0 up when he's subbed off against Newcastle. He plays full 90 in a 2-0 win away at Forest. We are 2-0 up before he's subbed off against Everton. We lose to Brighton. And he scores against Bournemouth before he's subbed off.

Misses next two games due to AFCON

- (2-2 draw vs Man Utd)
- (3-2 win vs Brentford)

Makes his return on bench against Everton. We do concede when he's on and it ends 2-2. And then he starts and scores against Brighton in the next game

So when he's on the pitch this season we've conceded just 12 goals...

The one game he played in which we were losing and went on to lose was against Brighton was also a game we didn't have Romero, van de Ven, Maddison, Bentancur or Bissouma and played two full backs at centre back.

After last season, I would never have believed had I been told the importance Sarr would be to us now.

I wanted to be one of the fans hugging him after his goal - which was a very good finish, one easy to underestimate.
It’s a great finish because of how quick it comes back to him and the angle it’s at. That looks easier than it is.

Just needs to bulk up…

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
No,keep him Viera like slim. He’s a strong boy even though he’s built that way. He needs to keep that athletic build he has to get around the pitch.

Hes crucial to our success,

- Didn't start against Brentford on the opening day, drew 2-2

- In the next 9 games, he starts all, gets 1 goal and 1 assist and we win 8 of them and draw 1. Conceding just 6 in the process.

- Starts against Chelsea. Gets an assist and the score is at 1-1 when he goes off.

- Starts against Wolves the next week, 1-0 up when he's subbed off..

He the misses the next two games with injury

- (2-1 loss vs Villa)
- (3-3 draw vs City)

Back in the squad for the next game but doesn't start and only plays 6 minutes at the end

- (2-1 loss vs West Ham)

He then starts out next five games. We are 4-0 up when he's subbed off against Newcastle. He plays full 90 in a 2-0 win away at Forest. We are 2-0 up before he's subbed off against Everton. We lose to Brighton. And he scores against Bournemouth before he's subbed off.

Misses next two games due to AFCON

- (2-2 draw vs Man Utd)
- (3-2 win vs Brentford)

Makes his return on bench against Everton. We do concede when he's on and it ends 2-2. And then he starts and scores against Brighton in the next game

So when he's on the pitch this season we've conceded just 12 goals...

The one game he played in which we were losing and went on to lose was against Brighton was also a game we didn't have Romero, van de Ven, Maddison, Bentancur or Bissouma and played two full backs at centre back.
cheers for that

I think a lot of people underrate him because he runs in a rather strange way, doesn't look a natural ball player. But bloody hell he's effective.

We are 2-0 up before he's subbed off against Everton.
EFC bossed the game towards the end and almost got 2-2 right at the death

And he scores against Bournemouth before he's subbed off.
I'd add that when he went off they started absolutely battering us, could easily have scored

Good that people eyes are getting opened now.

Have been saying it for a while and keep saying it -
SARR.HAS.BEEN.BY.FAR.OUR.BEST.MIDFIELDER.THIS.SEASON.

I feel that majority of our fans are either blind or ignorant not to notice it. Either due to his reputation (came from French league) or age (still 21).

Love the kid and in few years time he will be regarded as one of the best midfielders in the world. So happy to have him in our team. Our star-Sarr!

Back
Top Bottom