Palace (A) 25-Feb. 12PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m stuck between starting Moura or not. He was brilliant against Rochdale, and could cause real problems for their defence.

One week I’d like to see Moura and Son on the wings with Eriksen in CAM. That has the ingredients to be lethal.

Not that I'm going, but didn't think sky could reschedule at such a late stage. Although it had to be done, supporters who can't accommodate the change are screwed yet again.
Another good reason for not having games on a Monday.
Yes I'm still fuming about the change to our game against the Spammers.
. :dembelewtf:

Not that I'm going, but didn't think sky could reschedule at such a late stage. Although it had to be done, supporters who can't accommodate the change are screwed yet again.
Another good reason for not having games on a Monday.
Yes I'm still fuming about the change to our game against the Spammers.
. :dembelewtf:

When selling the tickets the Spurs website always said that the game would change if either us or Palace were in a cup replay.........anyone with the Loyalty Points required has surely been to enough Spurs games to realise that drawing at Rochdale was a real possibility.....

When selling the tickets the Spurs website always said that the game would change if either us or Palace were in a cup replay.........anyone with the Loyalty Points required has surely been to enough Spurs games to realise that drawing at Rochdale was a real possibility.....
People were warned, including Palace fans. Of course it is annoying, but no one can really complain.

Anyone know if there is any truth in the story that Wayne Hennessy got injured in training and that they have no keeper, apart from some 20 yr old kid called Dion Henry who’s never made a league appearance and is 5 11?

It’s all over Twitter that he is, and that they only have Dion Henry available.

You just know he’ll have the game of his life if true..

If you think cheerleaders and cringe worthy ultras are 'class' then okay.

Organised atmosphere will always skirt the line between what is deemed manufactured and cheesy and what is "proper", but its better than the sterile alternative imo. You still have to respect what the Holmesdale lot have done - or at least are trying to do. They make noise and get behind their team.

You look at the ultras on the continent and much of it is much more commercial / club organised than you would think. The people who went to Turin last week can confirm that.

I will agree that cheerleaders don't belong anywhere near a football stadium though.

Last edited:
Organised atmosphere will always skirt the line between what is deemed manufactured and cheesy what is "proper", but its better than the alternative sterile alternative imo. You still have to respect what the Holmesdale lot have done - or at least are trying to do. They make noise and get behind their team.

You look at the ultras on the continent and much of it is much more commercial / club organised than you would think. The people who went to Turin last week can confirm that.

I will agree that cheerleaders don't belong anywhere near a football stadium though.
Absolutely fair play them. They used to be as bad a Fulham for atmosphere. I don't really like any sort of Ultras let alone English ones. The idea of some guy facing you speaking over a microphone is bizarre. I mean there is some long haired guy at Celtic who spends the whole game on some sort of specially made platform blurting at people. Celtic do need them though as without them it would be like a morgue there. I remember when we lost to Dortmund a few years ago at the Lane. They didn't even know they had scored at times. Plus it was all a bit too cheesy for me.
As for Palace I think their balance is fine. There is no wanker on a microphone as far as I can tell and they actually do care about the football. What I hate is the abuse they give to every single player who takes a corner near them. It is just embarrassing. This weird faux-hatred of the opposition. A sort of football factory act they put on.

Back
Top Bottom