Our Squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would think EL squad will be :
Lloris (Hart, Whiteman)
Doherty (Aurier) - Sanchez (Tanganga, ) - Alderweireld (Dier) - Reguilon (Davies)
Hojbjerg (Sissoko) - Lo Celso (Winks)
Bale (Moura) -Ndombele ( Dele) - Son (Bergwijn, Lamela)
Kane (Vinicius )​

Those 24 players, categorised by UEFA would be :
Club Trained - 4 ( Kane, Bale, Winks, Whiteman, )
Other Assoc Trained 2 (Hart, Dele)
Overseas Trained 17 (Lloris, Aurier, Doherty, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Dier, Reguilon, Davies, Hojbjerg, Sissoko, Lo Celso, Lucas, Ndombele, Son, Bergwijn, Vinicius, Lamela)
Under 21's 1 - Tanganga

No Space for extra Overseas Trained Players - Rodon

There are 2 spare HG places, possibly one to Alfie Devine (does not qualify as an u21 as he has not been at Spurs for 2 years), leaving one spare HG space (possibly George Marsh only remaining over 21 in u23's or Marcel Lavenier an u23 RB arrived this year ? ).

And the correct answer was Marcel Lavenier (RB)..........as predicted !

Lavenier is quite versatile playing RB and LB (played almost half Spurs u23 games so far as a LB) and CB. I imagine he's likely to play as a RB

Currently watching Lingard for West Ham and he looks superb ( hear me out )

I’d be interested to see how many of our ‘fringe’ players would shine at lesser clubs? There are so many cases of players struggling to perform at the ‘bigger clubs’ only to drop down a level become one of the ‘main men’ and look like world beaters.

I’ll start.... I could see Lucas tearing it up at Fulham and Harry Winks dominating games for Leeds.

Currently watching Lingard for West Ham and he looks superb ( hear me out )

I’d be interested to see how many of our ‘fringe’ players would shine at lesser clubs? There are so many cases of players struggling to perform at the ‘bigger clubs’ only to drop down a level become one of the ‘main men’ and look like world beaters.

I’ll start.... I could see Lucas tearing it up at Fulham and Harry Winks dominating games for Leeds.

Winks passing in not near good enough to succeed at Leeds and him being scared to have the ball under pressure and just giving it up instead of trying to beat defenders would drive Bielsa nuts.

I think Winks would do better at Burnley or Palace, where they aren't interested in trying to attack so his useless ball recycling so the defenders can boot it down the field works better.

Winks works best in teams with little ambition and Leeds wants to score and want to win, Winks can't play that style.

I am sure that Moura and Lamela would be better in mid-size Italian and Spainish clubs, especially if they play a slow style where they don't have to think fast to make passes and are given more space.

Winks passing in not near good enough to succeed at Leeds and him being scared to have the ball under pressure and just giving it up instead of trying to beat defenders would drive Bielsa nuts.

I think Winks would do better at Burnley or Palace, where they aren't interested in trying to attack so his useless ball recycling so the defenders can boot it down the field works better.

Winks works best in teams with little ambition and Leeds wants to score and want to win, Winks can't play that style.

I am sure that Moura and Lamela would be better in mid-size Italian and Spainish clubs, especially if they play a slow style where they don't have to think fast to make passes and are given more space.
Open your eyes to them being better players than we think ( that’s the game)

No one thought Salah was up to much at Chelsea. Look at Ings at Liverpool ...

Open your eyes to them being better players than we think ( that’s the game)

No one thought Salah was up to much at Chelsea. Look at Ings at Liverpool ...

Sure but what I am saying is that system highlights all his weaknesses, so unlikely that he looks like a good player in a system that asks him to do things he can't.

I guess if the game is imagine if our players miraculously gain skills they didn't have sure, but that isn't what happened with Salah or Ings. Both guys look better in their new spots because of the fit for each one. They didn't all of a sudden do things they couldn't before.

Which is why I said Winks could look good for a team like Burnley, could be one of their key guys. At Leeds, not so much would not fit into what you are looking for.

Gazza has been removed so I assume this is the updated EPL squad.
It was possible to include Marsh so as he wasn't safe to say that's his lot at THFC.

EPLEL
NON-HG (15)NON-HG (17)
1LLORISLLORIS1
2AURIERAURIER2
3ALDERWEIRELDALDERWEIRELD3
4SANCHEZSANCHEZ4
5DIERDIER5
6REGUILONREGUILON6
7HOJBJERGHOJBJERG7
8SISSOKOSISSOKO8
9NDOMBELENDOMBELE9
10LAMELALAMELA10
11LO CELSOLO CELSO11
12BERGWIJNBERGWIJN12
13MOURAMOURA13
14SONSON14
15VINICIUSVINICIUS15
DOHERTY16
DAVIES17
HG (9)ASSOCIATION (3)
1HARTHART1
2ALLIALLI2
3DOHERTYLAVINIER3
4DAVIES
5RODON
CLUB TRAINED (4)
6WHITEMANWHITEMAN1
7WINKSWINKS2
8KANEKANE3
9BALEBALE4
SQUAD TOTAL: 24SQUAD TOTAL: 24

I know football is an international game but last night Dier was the only English player in the team, Davies the other Brit. I’m no blighty is best, white cliffs of Dover cunt but it strikes me the squad is missing that influence. In the Poch heyday we had rose, Walker, Dier, Kane, Dele. Liverpool, Leicester Chelsea, Utd seem to have a solid group of British players. We’re not bringing youth through either which would help.
Do you think the teams identity and success is affected by the lack of British players?

I know football is an international game but last night Dier was the only English player in the team, Davies the other Brit. I’m no blighty is best, white cliffs of Dover cunt but it strikes me the squad is missing that influence. In the Poch heyday we had rose, Walker, Dier, Kane, Dele. Liverpool, Leicester Chelsea, Utd seem to have a solid group of British players. We’re not bringing youth through either which would help.
Do you think the teams identity and success is affected by the lack of British players?
Not really given that Kane, Dele, Bale, Winks were all not in the team last night. Add them to Dier and Davies and the bulk of the side is British.

The youth development is more of an issue, not enough 19/20 year olds coming through our system into the first team. Skipp and Sess had to go on loan to get any gametime. Woolwich and Chavs seem to have better youth in that bracket than we have.

Fuck me!!

Look what Jose Dino Mourinho has done to you!!!! When Jose arrived, the narrative was that he would get this side winning. Now it's "what's he meant to be able to achieve with such bad players?" The fact is, people's opinions of this squad have worsened drastically under this manager.

When we bored our way to the top of the table, the talk was fucking hell look at our bench! Your opinion of the players has worsened as a result of the manager.

Transfer window rating https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/summer-2020-transfer-window-rating.37580/ 95% gave a rating above 8 out of 10 or above!!!! Your opinion of the players has worsened as a result of the manager.

The fanbases opinions of their squads at Man U & Chelsea also worsened drastically under this manager.

He chucks his players under the bus constantly, never his fault, never taking responsibility. His football is so bad yet it's always his player's fault.

Last edited:
Fuck me!!

Look what Jose Dino Mourinho has done to you!!!! When Jose arrived, the narrative was that he would get this side winning. Now it's "what's he meant to be able to achieve with such bad players?" The fact is, people's opinions of this squad have worsened drastically under this manager.

When we bored our way to the top of the table, the talk was fucking hell look at our bench! Your opinion of the players has worsened as a result of the manager.

Transfer window rating https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/summer-2020-transfer-window-rating.37580/ 95% gave a rating above 8 out of 10!!!! Your opinion of the players has worsened as a result of the manager.

The fanbases opinions of their squads at Man U & Chelsea also worsened drastically under this manager.

He chucks his players under the bus constantly, never his fault, never taking responsibility. His football is so bad yet it's always his player's fault.
He said when he joined that we had a better squad than he had at Utd. He's added to that squad with Bale, PEH, Reguilon, Bergwijn etc and yet the team has probably got worse.
It's his coaching and man-management that is the problem.

Sure but what I am saying is that system highlights all his weaknesses, so unlikely that he looks like a good player in a system that asks him to do things he can't.

I guess if the game is imagine if our players miraculously gain skills they didn't have sure, but that isn't what happened with Salah or Ings. Both guys look better in their new spots because of the fit for each one. They didn't all of a sudden do things they couldn't before.

Which is why I said Winks could look good for a team like Burnley, could be one of their key guys. At Leeds, not so much would not fit into what you are looking for.

So Winks should be perfect for us then ?

Gazza has been removed so I assume this is the updated EPL squad.
It was possible to include Marsh so as he wasn't safe to say that's his lot at THFC.

EPLEL
NON-HG (15)NON-HG (17)
1LLORISLLORIS1
2AURIERAURIER2
3ALDERWEIRELDALDERWEIRELD3
4SANCHEZSANCHEZ4
5DIERDIER5
6REGUILONREGUILON6
7HOJBJERGHOJBJERG7
8SISSOKOSISSOKO8
9NDOMBELENDOMBELE9
10LAMELALAMELA10
11LO CELSOLO CELSO11
12BERGWIJNBERGWIJN12
13MOURAMOURA13
14SONSON14
15VINICIUSVINICIUS15
DOHERTY16
DAVIES17
HG (9)ASSOCIATION (3)
1HARTHART1
2ALLIALLI2
3DOHERTYLAVINIER3
4DAVIES
5RODON
CLUB TRAINED (4)
6WHITEMANWHITEMAN1
7WINKSWINKS2
8KANEKANE3
9BALEBALE4
SQUAD TOTAL: 24SQUAD TOTAL: 24
Updated squad lists for 2020/21 Premier League

Alderweireld, Toby Albertine
Alli, Bamidele Jermaine*
Alves Morais, Carlos Vinicius
Aurier, Serge
Bale, Gareth Frank*
Bergwijn, Steven Charles
Davies, Benjamin Thomas*
Dier, Eric Jeremy Edgar
Doherty, Matthew James*
Hart, Charles Joseph John*
Heung-Min, Son
Højbjerg, Pierre Emile Kordt
Kane, Harry*
Lamela, Erik
Lloris, Hugo
Lo Celso, Giovani
Ndombele Alvaro, Tanguy
Reguilon Rodriguez, Sergio
Rodon, Joseph Peter*
Rodrigues Moura Da Silva, Lucas
Sanchez Mina, Davinson
Sissoko, Moussa
Whiteman, Alfie Malik*
Winks, Harry*

* = HG

So, agrees with your list

Might be an idea to change the thread title to a non-specific year?

EPLUCL
NON-HG (16)NON-HG (17)
1LLORISLLORIS1
2ROYALROYAL2
3ROMEROROMERO3
4DIERDIER4
5LENGLETLENGLET5
6SANCHEZSANCHEZ6
7PORROPORRO7
8PERISICPERISIC8
9HOJBJERGHOJBJERG9
10BENTANCURBENTANCUR10
11BISSOUMABISSOUMA11
12KULUSEVSKIKULUSEVSKI12
13DANJUMADANJUMA13
14MOURAMOURA14
15RICHARLISONRICHARLISON15
16SONSON16
SARR17
HG (8)ASSOCIATION (3)
1DAVIESDAVIES
2FORSTERFORSTER2
3SESSEGNONSESSEGNON3
CLUB TRAINED (5)
4AUSTINAUSTIN1
5WHITEMANWHITEMAN2
6TANGANGATANGANGA3
7SKIPPSKIPP4
8KANEKANE5
SQUAD TOTAL: 24SQUAD TOTAL: 25
UNDER 21UNDER 21
SARR
TOTAL: 25TOTAL: 25

Might be an idea to change the thread title to a non-specific year?

EPLUCL
NON-HG (16)NON-HG (17)
1LLORISLLORIS1
2ROYALROYAL2
3ROMEROROMERO3
4DIERDIER4
5LENGLETLENGLET5
6SANCHEZSANCHEZ6
7PORROPORRO7
8PERISICPERISIC8
9HOJBJERGHOJBJERG9
10BENTANCURBENTANCUR10
11BISSOUMABISSOUMA11
12KULUSEVSKIKULUSEVSKI12
13DANJUMADANJUMA13
14MOURAMOURA14
15RICHARLISONRICHARLISON15
16SONSON16
SARR17
HG (8)ASSOCIATION (3)
1DAVIESDAVIES1
2FORSTERFORSTER2
3SESSEGNONSESSEGNON3
CLUB TRAINED (5)
4AUSTINAUSTIN1
5WHITEMANWHITEMAN2
6TANGANGATANGANGA3
7SKIPPSKIPP4
8KANEKANE5
SQUAD TOTAL: 24SQUAD TOTAL: 25
UNDER 21UNDER 21
SARR
TOTAL: 25TOTAL: 25

Be interesting to see what squad is announced.

There is enough space for Whiteman (or indeed Brooklyn Lyons-Foster who at age 22 no longer qualifies as an u21) to be in squad although he's never featured before.

I did wonder if Whiteman will be sent on loan to a team in a league with different transfer windows to europe, as otherwise, other than FA Cups or an over age player in u21;'s there are no competitive matches he can play this season.

and Austin contract ends in 2024

Kulusevski 2023 merely reflects we need to take up the option to sign him on a permanent deal. Equally, if its a successful loan, same may apply for Danjuma

To only have one player in the current first team squad just 2 years later really shows how poor our recruitment has been.

Not to mention summer 2019 to bring in Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Clarke ...... with one player still left in current first team squad

Our current squad by position :

GK's - (3) Lloris, Forster, Austin (plus Whiteman)
CB's - (6) Romero, Dier, Davies, Sanchez, Lenglet, Tanganga
FB's - (4) Royal (RB), Persic (LB), Sessegnon (LB), Porro (RB)
CM's - (5) Bissouma, Bentancur, Hojbjerg, Skipp, Sarr
Fwds - (6) Kane, Son, Kulusevski, Richarlison, Moura, Danjuma

Total 24 players (25 including Whiteman)

To only have one player in the current first team squad just 2 years later really shows how poor our recruitment has been.

Not to mention summer 2019 to bring in Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Clarke ...... with one player still left in current first team squad

People wonder why Hitchen lost his job. He should never work in any recruitment position ever again.

What a fucking disaster our recruitment was pre Paratici. Fixing the mess he inherited is much harder than people think.

All our loanees:

RODONRennesFrance
LO CELSOVillarealSpain
REGUILLONA MadridSpain
NDOMBELENapoliItaly
UDOGIEUdineseItaly
WINKSSampdoriaItaly
GILSevillaSpain
SPENCERennesFrance
WHITEDerbyL1
ParrottPNEChampionship
ScarlettPortsmouthL1

People wonder why Hitchen lost his job. He should never work in any recruitment position ever again.

What a fucking disaster our recruitment was pre Paratici. Fixing the mess he inherited is much harder than people think.
We were honestly only a couple more windows away from being Everton the way we were recruiting in 2018-2021

Back
Top Bottom