Our Opening Match of the Season Record 1908-2013

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We will soon know who Spurs will be playing on the opening day of the 2013-14 season, which will be our 96th opening match of the season.

The previous 95 opening matches have seen us play 46 times at home and 49 times away.

During the 21 seasons of the Premier League Era, we've only played 6 times at home compared with 15 times away.

We've been drawn to play Everton more times (9) than any of the other 39 different clubs we've faced on the opening day.

Here's how we've got on...

P0274_zps8dd12afb.png

Tottenham Hotspur First Game of the League Season 1908-09 to 2013-14

So that's 50 first-day away games... as opposed to still 'only' 46 at home....
I assume ArseAnal have the direct opposite to that?

SURELY they should alternate each year, so that it evens itself out? We've already ascertained that a final day home game doesn't really help in getting CL, seeing as ArseAnal always seem to win their last game when they need to, regardless of whether it's home or away!! (I notice they have WBA pretty close to the final game again... no need to ask for favours there then!) So we may as well swap each season... except we don't seem to!

Hi Palace fan here, your record against us is not that good cant wait to take you down a peg or 2 on the opening day :D

I think you'll find that we won't be too optimistic about it to be honest... Playing a highly motivated newly-promoted side on the first day back has got banana skin written all over it for us! I'm just looking forward to taking the Crystals down a peg or two

Hi Palace fan here, your record against us is not that good cant wait to take you down a peg or 2 on the opening day :D

Hi Palace fan.... You cheeky chops!
I remember Nigel Martin's debut for you against us... That was non too pleasant for your lot, but we'll see how things pan out in August!

Btw, are your ULTRAS gonna be out in full force for this one?

Hi Palace fan.... You cheeky chops!
I remember Nigel Martin's debut for you against us... That was non too pleasant for your lot, but we'll see how things pan out in August!

Btw, are your ULTRAS gonna be out in full force for this one?

Our "Ultras" are at all our games!

I dont like that word as much as anyone else, all they are a group who make up songs, make banners and sing their hearts out for 94 mins. Great to start with a London derby.

I like you picture "Hotspur" remarkable what phone/camera technology can do for self portraits :)

I dont like that word as much as anyone else, all they are a group who make up songs, make banners and sing their hearts out for 94 mins. Great to start with a London derby.

Hopefully plenty of our 1882'ers will be in attendance to help make that corner of the Holmesdale and away end rock!!
(actually, are away fans still allowed in that corner, or have they been shunted up towards the middle? Always hard to tell on tv, as that's where the cameras are innit?)

Btw, the 1882 thing isn't my 'organisation' at all, I'm not THAT narcissistic to have named it after myself!!! Pure coincidence, I've clearly just got an inspired username!

I like you picture "Hotspur" remarkable what phone/camera technology can do for self portraits :)

What if there is only 1 minuted injury time? then you're fucked int ya, not getting your full 94 mins:ledleylick:

I had that coming. :avbshock:

Back
Top Bottom