Our 2013-14 Home Kit “drops” 8 July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, when I clicked on the thread and saw all the comments, I feared the worst. In a panic, I flicked back through several pages awaiting the horror of seeing leaked pictures of a fully red third kit.

So from that perspective I'm partly relieved.

Well, I've been waiting on seeing the third kit before pulling the trigger on a kit or two, and now I know that I won't be getting a cup kit.

If we are to become a team that wins trophies again and competes, we (the fans) HAVE to drop that mentality, especially in relation to Woolwich. It makes us look small, and IMO its pointless.

I understand shirt colour. A red shirt wouldn't be Spurs, but a few letters on a cup shirt....seems a pointless argument. And if it brings us cash, then fuck it.

I was going to hit the disagree button....but I don't like the red X. So I'll tell you now and for nothing, I disagree!

I really can't get my head round the thinking behind this from the perspective of AIA. The pay a small fortune to boost their exposure overseas, but pick a team who's fans (99% of them anyway) despise the colour Red, and plaster their logo on the kit! Considering that huge companies such as this have PR departments, and marketing departments all working to to promote positive exposure of the brand, watching the markets and trends, all being oh-so-clever in their marketing and advertising...

...then make a decision that alienates thousands by putting their Red logo on a Spurs kit!!!

What is a club?

It's not the players, the managers or the chairman. These people come and go.
It's not the kit itself, this changes regularly, In fact, every season nowadays.
It's not even the fans, these people are fickle, and infested with cunts no matter what team you support. And eventually they die to be replaced by the next generation.

It's the traditions. The rivalries. The sentiment. The do's, the dont's. the belief and expectation. The pride.
To me, it's not how many games you go too that make you a Tottenham fan. It's not how many shirts you own, how many scarves you wave and how many players you follow on twitter.

It's hating Woolwich, never forgiving Sol "judas cunt" can't-bring-myself-to-even-say-his-last-name
Playing for glory. Knowing that, '61 was the best fucking year of football ever. And most importantly...

NEVER FUCKING RED.

What is a club?

It's not the players, the managers or the chairman. These people come and go.
It's not the kit itself, this changes regularly, In fact, every season nowadays.
It's not even the fans, these people are fickle, and infested with cunts no matter what team you support. And eventually they die to be replaced by the next generation.

It's the traditions. The rivalries. The sentiment. The do's, the dont's. the belief and expectation. The pride.
To me, it's not how many games you go too that make you a Tottenham fan. It's not how many shirts you own, how many scarves you wave and how many players you follow on twitter.

It's hating Woolwich, never forgiving Sol "judas cunt" can't-bring-myself-to-even-say-his-last-name
Playing for glory. Knowing that, '61 was the best fucking year of football ever. And most importantly...

NEVER FUCKING RED.
Beautiful but...

...Is it weird that I read all of that in a Mel Gibson, Braveheart-Esque tone? :avbdamn:

Back
Top Bottom