Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bullshit clickbait title....

"a summer departure is almost guaranteed, as Aurelio De Laurentiis confirmed."

"The Napoli president said that he “knew” that Osimhen would leave in the summer, citing Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and “a Premier League club” (allegedly Chelsea) as potential destinations"......

It's got to be so frustrating for their fans. Over a short period....

Virgil van Dijk, Dejan Lovren, Calum Chambers, Luke Shaw, Nathaniel Clyne, Morgan Schneiderlin, Victor Wanyama, Adam Lallana, Sadio Mane, Jay Rodriguez, The manager, the scouts, the tea lady

Robert Sanchez, Ben White, Marc Cucurella, Moises Caicedo, Alexis Mac Allister, Yves Bissouma, Leandro Trossard, The manager, the scouts, the tea lady

Southampton were up to 5th, raped and pillaged, down they go... Brighton were up to 6th, raped and pillaged, down they go?

Doesn't feel good reading that eh?

There's a significant difference. Brighton have quickly and already proven that their recruitment is good enough to get the required replacements for expensive departures, with many of them already at the club as understudy or out on loan when the sales happened. Southampton never quite managed that part and/or relied to heavily on their academy.

There's a significant difference. Brighton have quickly and already proven that their recruitment is good enough to get the required replacements for expensive departures, with many of them already at the club as understudy or out on loan when the sales happened. Southampton never quite managed that part and/or relied to heavily on their academy.

I'm not so sure eh. Southampton's demise didn't happen over night. They were in the premier league a good four or five years after but, they slowly slid down the table into the second division. Brighton won't finish the season better than last year. Their manager is already being linked to the dippers and barca (not that he will necessarily leave but still) and their young striker is the envy of 'the big clubs'.

It all points to a repeat of Southampton, and it stinks to be honest but that's football I guess

I'm not so sure eh. Southampton's demise didn't happen over night. They were in the premier league a good four or five years after but, they slowly slid down the table into the second division. Brighton won't finish the season better than last year. Their manager is already being linked to the dippers and barca (not that he will necessarily leave but still) and their young striker is the envy of 'the big clubs'.

It all points to a repeat of Southampton, and it stinks to be honest but that's football I guess

You're adding 2 and 2 to get 7 imho. Like I said, the replacements and reinvestment has been markedly different, from what we know so far. Which is no surprise, given that Soton's ownership and leadership behind the scenes were a shit show at the time. Whereas Brighton's structure is as a sound as it gets, and has been proven so over any number of years.

Yes, selling assets is a common theme, but everything else is different.

Back
Top Bottom