Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's a bs post imo, just because someone does it worse doesn't mean we can't do it better, Poch has had a net spend of about 2-3 million since he took over! Imagine if we had a PL median net spend of 25 million a year we'd have a much better chance of getting over the line, we could follow exactly the same transfer strategy in terms of how we recruit just with a little bit more being spent.

Obviously true but imagine if we'd bought some of the duds that Woolwich, Utd and Everton have been saddled with .... what you need to understand is that whilst we have a four man transfer committee it's Poch who has the final say on sign or not sign .... certainly last summer he didn't want any off the players that were made available, that could be because we weren't offering enough to attract the right targets or it could simply be that Poch didn't think anyone available added to the squad ... who knows

This summer I've been told that Poch has held back on at least three signings because he wants the club to get very specific targets, maybe they will maybe they won't, what is clear is that we simply will not sign just any old name

I believe we did that with Sissoko, luckily eventually that paid off, but now we are far, far more selective. With a squad as good as ours we can afford to be ....

As the money shackles come off spend is no longer as big an issue, so we will follow the City route, only sign quality that adds or youngsters that could step up, it's that rather than the Utd scatter gun big name approach ... that simply has to be right.

Mai una Joya= Never a joy.

word game between joy and the nickname of Dybala Joya

corr3.jpg

Sky Sports News understands the fee for the 24-year-old is in the region of £20m which will break Brighton's previous club-record signing

Last edited:
what you need to understand is that whilst we have a four man transfer committee it's Poch who has the final say on sign or not.
Isn’t that exactly what Poch didn’t say in his last press conference? I am sure he specifically said he was the coach and didn’t have a say in transfers.

Yet you are saying he does?

If I heard what I though I heard, are you saying he’s wrong, lying or joking? Or did I not understand him?

Isn’t that exactly what Poch didn’t say in his last press conference? I am sure he specifically said he was the coach and didn’t have a say in transfers.

If I heard what I though I heard, are you saying he’s wrong, lying or joking? Or did I not understand him?
He identifies the players like Ndombele and Lo Celso, but it's not up to him to complete the actual transfers.

You should pay more attention to what the club and Poch have repeated often enough ... transfer team of four decides the target areas, during the window Poch gets the final say on taking players the team identify as being within our price structure and available, Poch has no involvement in the negotiating he's running our pre-season, at the end of the window Poch accepts the squad he is given.

This window we are looking for certain positions, Poch is holding out for players he thinks will improve us, do you honestly think a CL club in the EPL based in London couldn't sign 20 players if we wanted to ... fact is we could have signed plenty, but so far only Ndombele is better than what we have ....

Will Poch be frustrated if we can't get more top quality players he wants ... sure he will ... after all we failed last year ... but we've already got Ndombele and there's still a week to go ... Poch is just kicking tyres so until this window closes stop stressing.

Poch said after last season's blank window, none of the players we could sign were an improvement on what we had, can you now see how that statement confirms just how the system works?

You should pay more attention to what the club and Poch have repeated often enough ... transfer team of four decides the target areas, during the window Poch gets the final say on taking players the team identify as being within our price structure and available, Poch has no involvement in the negotiating he's running our pre-season, at the end of the window Poch accepts the squad he is given.

This window we are looking for certain positions, Poch is holding out for players he thinks will improve us, do you honestly think a CL club in the EPL based in London couldn't sign 20 players if we wanted to ... fact is we could have signed plenty, but so far only Ndombele is better than what we have ....

Will Poch be frustrated if we can't get more top quality players he wants ... sure he will ... after all we failed last year ... but we've already got Ndombele and there's still a week to go ... Poch is just kicking tyres so until this window closes stop stressing.

Poch said after last season's blank window, none of the players we could sign were an improvement on what we had, can you now see how that statement confirms just how the system works?
Stopped reading at “you should pay more attention”. Assume the rest was equally condescending.

He identifies the players like Ndombele and Lo Celso, but it's not up to him to complete the actual transfers.
He didn’t say that in his press conference. He just said he coaches who he has.

To be fair, there were lots of things he didn’t say either, but it just stuck out for me that we believe he’s going cap in hand to Levy with his list and generally being told to sod off.

Is it maybe possible he’s asking Levy for a dynamic central midfielder and gets Ndombele? I would hope not, as if I trust anyone to identify players for the team, it would be the manager. But over the last year he just seems to be having digs. Making me nervous.

He didn’t say that in his press conference. He just said he coaches who he has.

To be fair, there were lots of things he didn’t say either, but it just stuck out for me that we believe he’s going cap in hand to Levy with his list and generally being told to sod off.

Is it maybe possible he’s asking Levy for a dynamic central midfielder and gets Ndombele? I would hope not, as if I trust anyone to identify players for the team, it would be the manager. But over the last year he just seems to be having digs. Making me nervous.
Basically he says to Levy that we need to strengthen our CM and that Ndombele would be his ideal candidate, from there on Levy's job starts. No player will join us if Poch doesn't want him, it would be ridiculous to let a football nitwit like Levy identify the exact players for us.

Last edited:
Basically he says to Levy that we need to strenghten our CM and that Ndombele would be his ideal candidate, from there on Levy's job starts. No player will join us if Poch doesn't want him, it would be ridiculous to let a football nitwit like Levy identify the exact players for us.
Exactly, but that seems to be the implication. Wouldn’t be the first time either, consider Ashley at Newcastle, Anyone at Madrid.

Also, I’m not dying that Levy is identifying players. I’d hope our scouting team did that. Can certainly see a system where Poch asks for a type of player, the scouting team identify actual players and Levy negotiates. Find it tough to see when Poch would have time to scout players to identify them individually. This would explain his “I’ve nothing to do with transfers” angle.

Back
Top Bottom