Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

MacAllister is the only one you can even make a case for, and he isn't better than Bentancur.

They're different players but he definitely is a lot better than the current iteration of Bentancur.

Liverpool have a lot of players who walk in to our team, they are 15 points ahead of us despite cup runs. Just ran out of steam and a couple of the key guys are ageing/declining..

What is a rebuild. Genuine question.

Liverpool certain did a huge update, maybe they didn’t sell enough to consider it a rebuild or maybe a rebuild is only a rebuild if it is well scouted which this appears to have not been.

Henderson (mocked; but was massive for them under Klopp)
Fabhino (at his peak as good as anyone in the league)
Wijnaldum (unsung)
Ox-Camberlain
Kieta

All gone.....

Jones & Elliot play most weeks now.

I thought there was a lot of talk about how they kept missing out on their MF targets?

They missed out on Lavia... Dunno about others, but:

Macallister - Good season
Sloboz - Faded
Endo - Bit parter/declining game-time.
Gravenbirch - Bit crap.

The first 3 were getting big gas.... Until they weren't all of a sudden.

He would be an upgrade on Sarr and Bentancur in the other 8 remit, so would make us better.

VVD, Alisson, Robertson, MacAllister all definitely make us better ... Salah seems to have fallen off a cliff so I'll leave him off.

Trent vs Porro is an interesting one as they have similar strengths and weaknesses.

He would be an upgrade on Sarr and Bentancur in the other 8 remit, so would make us better.

He's no better than an on-form (fully fit) Bentancur.

(Obv. you'll disagree cos you don't rate him, but........)

.........He doesn't elevate our best XI to a significant degree.

I thought there was a lot of talk about how they kept missing out on their MF targets?

Was just usual Liverpool gassing up.

They were saying how important Endo was and how they'd never lost a league game in which he started. How Macallister has been one of the signings of the season etc.

It's not until they start dropping points that the excuses then come out. Klopp not been backed (lol, they were gonna offer 100m for Caicedo) etc.

They were saying how important Endo was and how they'd never lost a league game in which he started. How Macallister has been one of the signings of the season etc.

It's not until they start dropping points that the excuses then come out. Klopp not been backed (lol, they were gonna offer 100m for Caicedo) etc.

Sloboz was being touted as THE signing of the season.... Not just by their nut-job fans either!

That Chav/pool fight over Caicedo was funny, he was at best a reasonable player at Brighton, they acted like he was Roy Keane. Maybe it was just the dearth of DM’s but hard to think of such a fight for such money over such a player. He was in effect £100m for Wilson Palacios.

That Chav/pool fight over Caicedo was funny, he was at best a reasonable player at Brighton, they acted like he was Roy Keane. Maybe it was just the dearth of DM’s but hard to think of such a fight for such money over such a player.

I even thought the Lavia chase was laughable too.

His numbers were so average last season (granted he played for Southampton) that I never understood the hype. Shame about the injuries and that but he wouldn't have saved them either.

That Chav/pool fight over Caicedo was funny, he was at best a reasonable player at Brighton, they acted like he was Roy Keane. Maybe it was just the dearth of DM’s but hard to think of such a fight for such money over such a player.

.........Chavs having a fight with themselves over Enzo F.

...........And the LFC/CFC tug of war over Lavia too.

..........CFC/AFC tug of war over Mudyrick.

Common denominator......? :freund:

I even thought the Lavia chase was laughable too.

His numbers were so average last season (granted he played for Southampton) that I never understood the hype. Shame about the injuries and that but he wouldn't have saved them either.

Lavia (thanks for reminding me of his name) looked quite nice on the ball u like Caicedo but that is all I remember about him.

Back
Top Bottom