Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair enough.

But many fans use that style of argument in a genuine manner. Which is nonsense.

Well speed his clearly his biggest attribute. He can dribble, but often it results in nothing. I just find him the opposite to what you would consider your typical Guardiola signing.

I'm not sure if he was directly Palmer's replacement. But if he was, they messed up big time.

Would be literally if his league titles at Milan weren’t disqualified due to the Calciopoli scandal. I haven’t got the stats to hand but I’m sure he would be the most decorated manager in Europe, surely?
He got no League titles disqualified at Milan? Juve got 1, and the other was nulled and voided. Unless you mean the one that Juve got removed should've gone to Milan instead.

Madrid are such a bore. Playing like Leicester and have a lot of unlikable players.

Hopefully Bayern go and do it now as reward for knocking the scum out.

My thoughts exactly. Give them all the credit in the world for how they hang on in games and how they defend as a team. But they are a really hard watch. Despite this result, nobody could ever convince me they are the better team out of the two.

They just sat back with 9 or 10 players behind the ball for the majority of the game. Had City scored first it's a totally different result and scoreline. I just thought it was pretty poor from a side that has players like Bellingham, Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo, to be that defensive and offer so little going forward.

But as I said, they got through via the lottery of penalties and won't really care.
City make it very difficult to do. They retain the ball better than any other side by some distance. Sometimes against them you just have to accept that dig in and try to play on the counter. The forwards didn't do their job tonight but the defenders did and Sometimes it's your defence that can win you a game instead of your attack.

Modric 38, incredible performance and I don’t mean just with the ball, he was probably the best defensive player on the pitch, his positioning to cut out passes and options. He really helped make Madrid difficult to break down.

What a great night for football results.

I love it when English teams get knocked out in Europe, mainly because of all the hyperbole crap from pundits about how an English team is guaranteed to win the comp. None of the mainstream pundits watch any European football, their knowledge is so simple.

They just sat back with 9 or 10 players behind the ball for the majority of the game. Had City scored first it's a totally different result and scoreline. I just thought it was pretty poor from a side that has players like Bellingham, Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo, to be that defensive and offer so little going forward.

But as I said, they got through via the lottery of penalties and won't really care.
You dont just sit back. They were drilled relentlessly to play like that. Even madrid have to do that away to city. Its a skill in itself and takes massive concentration, buy in, and workrate. Theyre away to city with 3rd choice keeper nacho and centre half and mendy left back. It was a great performnace

People were dismissing CL pedigree factor when these fixtures came out. Said Bayern would get through regardless of league form.

Playing for certain clubs just instils that extra % of belief in these competitions. City were better all game but as long as they were in it, those Madrid players believed. And Bayern went out there both legs and looked favourites.

Same old Premier League “best league in the world trademark” hype train.

You dont just sit back. They were drilled relentlessly to play like that. Even madrid have to do that away to city. Its a skill in itself and takes massive concentration, buy in, and workrate. Theyre away to city with 3rd choice keeper nacho and centre half and mendy left back. It was a great performnace
Yeah spot on.

Real Madrid got smashed last season at the Ethiad, so last nights tactics wasn't really a surprise.

I don't know the exact stat, but I dont think City had lost a European home match for about 8 years or something. Would be mad for Real to try and go head to head with them.

Yeah spot on.

Real Madrid got smashed last season at the Ethiad, so last nights tactics wasn't really a surprise.

I don't know the exact stat, but I dont think City had lost a European home match for about 8 years or something. Would be mad for Real to try and go head to head with them.

Not that I disagree but it puts our match with them in the CL at their place 5 years ago into perspective, they had a better team then as well IMO.

What a bunch of crackheads we were that season in the CL. 😆

Claearly not advocating a West Ham or Liverpool win , hope they get smashed . However latter stages of European competition will be a bit dull now when these two go out. If we are not involved I quite like having someone to hate and want to fail spectacularly. I will happily bank it as can’t run the risk of one of them nicking a trophy . But I pretty much will have zero interest going forward with no team to loathe .

Claearly not advocating a West Ham or Liverpool win , hope they get smashed . However latter stages of European competition will be a bit dull now when these two go out. If we are not involved I quite like having someone to hate and want to fail spectacularly. I will happily bank it as can’t run the risk of one of them nicking a trophy . But I pretty much will have zero interest going forward with no team to loathe .

You watch football to hate?

You should watch football to enjoy my friend, makes it much more relaxing for me personally anyway.

Doesn’t matter what formation he plays,they ain’t beating arse.

Okaay Ok GIF by MOODMAN

You watch football to hate?

You should watch football to enjoy my friend, makes it much more relaxing for me personally anyway.
I am happy to admit if Spurs are not playing I love the schadenfreude of seeing our rivals implode

i will admit it is neither rational or healthy, but I really enjoy their failures

Hate is probably a strong word for it , intense dislike might be more apt

Claearly not advocating a West Ham or Liverpool win , hope they get smashed
It could really help us if they both win, even if they get knocked out

We should all be supporting Villa even tho we can't stand them. It will get in the way of their PL form, and it also helps the coefficient too. I'm hoping they go all the way to the final and in the meantime we finish above them obv.

Back
Top Bottom