Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah, he's just left to stew over that missed sitter...gotta make your chances count.

Just a bit strange to blow when the ball is in play and in a dangerous area of the pitch. Normally a ref blows when the ball is either cleared, out of play or in an area of the pitch where nothing can be made of it. He literally blew after the player beat his man and was about to cross. Was a good game and Valencia deserved something from it though.

This could all be solved with a stadium clock and a 60 min ball in play count.
It could but it would take away some of the fun of it, the panto and shithousing stuff...might make it too sterile and remove some of the 'art/magic' of the game. But no doubt it would solve the 'problem'...but then I wouldn't be able to tweak Deuterz Deuterz like I've been doing since the end of it. He was ready to drop a 'take that haterz' on me when Bellers scored...but who's laughing heartily now?

Double screw-job at the end of the Forest/Dippers game.

FFS...... They'll still cry about our game if they fail to win the league tho. Spawny cunts.

Just a bit strange to blow when the ball is in play and in a dangerous area of the pitch. Normally a ref blows when the ball is either cleared, out of play or in an area of the pitch where nothing can be made of it. He literally blew after the player beat his man and was about to cross. Was a good game and Valencia deserved something from it though.
The end of the first half he blew just as Valencia won the ball back inside the RM penalty box, so that was one each way to be fair.

Also at the moment he blew FT, Brahim was dribbling away from goal

The end of the first half he blew just as Valencia won the ball back inside the RM penalty box, so that was one each way to be fair.

Also at the moment he blew FT, Brahim was dribbling away from goal

That's fair enough if he did blow it then and not after the RM player took his man on. Though I still think in those moments a referee should only blown once the ball is out of play, the ball is dead or it's somewhere in the middle of the pitch.

I just watched it again on YouTube (because what else would a guy be doing on a Saturday night?) and slowed it down. He originally puts the whistle in his mouth, takes it out, and then puts it back in (he very much seems to be influenced by the Valencia player screaming at him and gesturing from a couple of metres away) a moment later and blows for full-time literally while Diaz has his leg pulled back to cross it.

Not a "robbery", but you can definitely understand why Real Madrid would be pissed. I don't think he blows exactly when he does if that Valencia player isn't bellowing at him. He's the only one near to the referee.

Back
Top Bottom