Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now for Lazio to knock BM out of the CL
Lazio are shit. They were my choice for the Scudetto this season (Sarri's 3rd season and all that) and they have massively regressed from last season. Even this Bayern won't have difficulties against them.

No idea why Kane wanna trade Angeball with Tuchelball... Playing with no direction like Conte ffs.
Trophies. We didn’t even get out of January without getting knocked out of the cups. He stayed here for too long & had enough of top 4 being our trophy. Which it is again this season if we were honest.

Even without points deduction, Forest going down. Can't defend. Don't look like a team unit...which ain't surprising when your friggin stupid owners have bought 326 players from as many different countries since getting promoted.

We were linked with alonso before ange wasn't we

We were.

Probably would have been as much of a risk as Kompany would have been though.

Up until the summer, he had only managed about 34 games in his managerial career. Sample size was far too small to take that risk tbh.

Liverpool will get him. Won't be anywhere near as good as Klopp was, but they'll be pretty on the eye. It's a massive step up for him and a massive step down for Liverpool. Might even take a year or two so it's still a great opportunity for us to capitalise.

We were.

Up until the summer, he had only managed about 34 games in his managerial career. Sample size was far too small to take that risk tbh.

Liverpool will get him. Won't be anywhere near as good as Klopp was, but they'll be pretty on the eye. It's a massive step up for him and a massive step down for Liverpool. Might even take a year or two so it's still a great opportunity for us to capitalise.
Liverpool might but I can see real pouncing ancelotti isn't getting younger

We were.

There’s more to what he’s doing with Leverkusen than “pretty on the eye”.

Very impressed with what they are doing without the ball. And he’s doing it on much smaller resources than Bayern and Klopp did at Dortmund (and I like Klopp too).

Quick Look at the league tables in Europe. All seem pretty sewn up & one sided except the premiership & Portuguese league.

There’s more to what he’s doing with Leverkusen than “pretty on the eye”.

Very impressed with what they are doing without the ball. And he’s doing it on much smaller resources than Bayern and Klopp did at Dortmund (and I like Klopp too).

I think Bundesliga is ridiculously low on overall quality tbh and I think it's alot worse now than it was when Klopp was at Dortmund.

However, his football is translatable to this league. I'd be silly not to say that because I preached the same thing when Ange joined us.

The main difference between Alonso and Klopp are the people themselves however. Liverpool are where they are because of Klopp. Not necessarily because of their football, but because of his mentality and what he's drilled into them.

Alonso will come in and Liverpool will be good. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see them finish outside the top 4.

Back
Top Bottom