Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Said it before but that EPL record would have been a much bigger legacy than 1 or 2 poxy BL titles.

Like you mentioned above; I think all the shit-talking got to him and all the biased Man U, LFC & AFC wankers in the media finally got what they wanted........

Even now; you can tell that there's a tide of them willing him to fail so they can extend the narrative further..... Compare that to the likes of Owen going to RM; it was all "Go out there, do us proud and show 'em what us English are made of lad!" . (It's the same with Jude.)

England's GOAT ST gets a disgusting ride (from fans and media alike) and yet his only 'crime' is being loyal to Spurs for so long.

Last edited:
I think Bundesliga is ridiculously low on overall quality tbh and I think it's alot worse now than it was when Klopp was at Dortmund.

However, his football is translatable to this league. I'd be silly not to say that because I preached the same thing when Ange joined us.

The main difference between Alonso and Klopp are the people themselves however. Liverpool are where they are because of Klopp. Not necessarily because of their football, but because of his mentality and what he's drilled into them.

Alonso will come in and Liverpool will be good. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see them finish outside the top 4.
Also much more pressure on alonso at Liverpool who also need a few transitional seasons. Big job on his hands if he takes it.

I think Bundesliga is ridiculously low on overall quality tbh and I think it's alot worse now than it was when Klopp was at Dortmund.

However, his football is translatable to this league. I'd be silly not to say that because I preached the same thing when Ange joined us.

The main difference between Alonso and Klopp are the people themselves however. Liverpool are where they are because of Klopp. Not necessarily because of their football, but because of his mentality and what he's drilled into them.

Alonso will come in and Liverpool will be good. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see them finish outside the top 4.

I like Klopp. I think he’s an outstanding coach. But I also think Klopp benefitted from some outstanding recruitment (that wasn’t down to him) at Liverpool and Dortmund - who were also the second best resourced side in Germany.

Liverpool finished outside the top 4 in Klopp’s first year and scrapped in the second year last day. They also finished outside the top 4 last year.

For me, what Alonso is doing this year is very impressive, considering the resources he’s got at Leverkusen.

I like Klopp. But I also think Klopp benefitted from some outstanding recruitment (that wasn’t down to him) at Liverpool and Dortmund - who were also the second best resourced side in Germany.

Liverpool finished outside the top 4 in Klopp’s first year and scrapped in the second year last day. They also finished outside the top 4 last year.

For me, what Alonso is doing this year is very impressive, considering the resources he’s got at Leverkusen.

Very impressive.

He's also benefiting from the quality of the league being at a low and Bayern having such a inept coach.

I like Alonso. Thought he was an excellent footballer, nice bloke and it'll be annoying to have someone likeable manage a scummy club like Liverpool - but I don't think it'll be as smooth as people think.

Him replacing Klopp, in my opinion, is a bigger job and harder job than what Ange inherited coming here for example. Expectations will be through the roof, a club legend, big boots to fill etc.

Unfortunately, I think the scum wised up to how much of a tit he his.

Was hoping they would waste 80 million on him.

..........Oh I dunno; pricetags aside, I still think the Scum with Toney up top is a better team than with Jesus or Nketiah.

Back
Top Bottom