Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or Gil getting elbowed in the head against Villa.
Or Romero getting taken out by Martinez against United.

Just to name two off the top of my head.
It’s the inconsistency that annoys me , we aren’t the only team either and I feel we are having these conversations all to much which I thought was the whole point of VAR -

Last time I checked, football was a contact sport.

Could be wrong of course. Who knows in this day and age.

Sure, but the threshold for a pen dropped years ago after constant pressure from continually bitching managers and clubs at being robbed. You could rely on some nuance before where the ref would be able to distinguish any contact from contact that was an actual foul. Doesn’t happen that way anymore with the constant high def replays and VAR.

There is no way on earth they should have been scrambling around like that, having had the game in their hands.
Correct!
Total game management fail.
Correct, they are young and on target for 58 goals against this season...just over the 53 we let in during his first season with us.
And I have no idea what you mean by "vindicated" (huh??)
Means our downfall wasn't his fault...
Not here being tactically limited, so I'm happy.
I'm aware of the supposed tactical limitations he displayed with us but those tactical limitations took us to the CL final...and Chelsea are still in all the comps they started the season with...and not very far behind us...would be something.
You really should peep some chelscum streamers more, tho.

Fascinating watching them repeat what I've been saying for a long time; going through the very same frustrations.

They are NOT happy.
I don't put much faith in what random supporters say...many have been telling me that Kulu is WC...so you can see the problem...

It’s the inconsistency that annoys me , we aren’t the only team either and I feel we are having these conversations all to much which I thought was the whole point of VAR -

Yep.

I have no complaints for the penalty we conceded against Brighton with the shirt pulling. But it happens every single week.... And if you're giving it and being consistent, there's penalties every week for it.

Why are you booking Bissouma for diving and sending him off, when Sterling and who knows who else is diving weekly and not getting punished? Again no, no issues with Bissouma red, it was deserved.

Dunks challenge on Kulusevski being a red card for players who may have a reputation but not for the nice home grown lad from a plucky little club.

You can't pick and choose

Correct!

Correct, they are young and on target for 58 goals against this season...just over the 53 we let in during his first season with us.

Means our downfall wasn't his fault...

I'm aware of the supposed tactical limitations he displayed with us but those tactical limitations took us to the CL final...and Chelsea are still in all the comps they started the season with...and not very far behind us...would be something.

I don't put much faith in what random supporters say...many have been telling me that Kulu is WC...so you can see the problem...
Just this, tho: "Means our downfall wasn't his fault..." fml

The memory is a volatile animal. 🔷

Not every contact is a pen. That tap wouldnt affect a players direction, run, nothing. Nothing in it till he theatrically throws himself to the ground. No woder diving is getting worse than ever when its so rewarded all the time
I didn't say it was...and my post clearly shows that I understand it's controversial...but it is consistent with calls they have made before...people always bitch about wanting consistency irrespective of the interpretation of the laws...so there you go.

And I think there should be more pens...thus devaluing them in the grand scheme of things...but that's just me.

Players probably practice dives in training

Sterling for instance
"Back in my day players would continue on post amputation because we were men...not like these namby-pamby coddled millionaires...oh yeah, and they did it uphill both ways"

If it is 100% always a pen why did VAR not give it for Maddison vs Sheffield?
Who said that? Surely not me. And not having seen or remembering this player I can't comment directly...but if it was similar then there's your inconsistency..sucks doesn't it?

Yep.

I have no complaints for the penalty we conceded against Brighton with the shirt pulling. But it happens every single week.... And if you're giving it and being consistent, there's penalties every week for it.

Why are you booking Bissouma for diving and sending him off, when Sterling and who knows who else is diving weekly and not getting punished? Again no, no issues with Bissouma red, it was deserved.

Dunks challenge on Kulusevski being a red card for players who may have a reputation but not for the nice home grown lad from a plucky little club.

You can't pick and choose
But they do pick and choose and the subjective language of the laws enables them to

That penalty didn't look like any contact and at the point of where any contact might have occured the player doesn't react, but afterwards he is suddenly thrown to the floor by a mysterious force?
Seems contact actually was fuck all or extremely minimal but he realizes the ball is too far so chances it and dives.
If Son does that he is a criminal who went down far too easy, but Villa are the new darlings...that had a real stench of Vardy / Leicester on that one

That’s easily one of the top five most fraud penalties I’ve ever seen.

Villa aren’t even very good every time I watch them, including against us. They’re just getting that Leicester luck now.

Back
Top Bottom