Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Life could be worse. We could be Brighton.

Like most clubs they run a goal of the month competition.

April brought one goal only. Wasn’t even one of their players who scored it.

View: https://twitter.com/wearebrighton/status/1783776039673422219?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Everyone was singing their praises last season, they are so overrated.

I kept hearing they have some genius recruitment model and that MacAllister and Caicedo would be replaced with east.

Everyone was singing their praises last season, they are so overrated.

I kept hearing they have some genius recruitment model and that MacAllister and Caicedo would be replaced with east.

They have a very good recruitment model which doesn't magically make up for losing multiple key players in a season. Their midfield was ripped out and they lost a key goalkeeper and key centre back. To be in mid-table isn't too bad.

Next season without Europe with new signings bedded in they'll probably be top 8/9, which is great for Brighton.

They have a very good recruitment model which doesn't magically make up for losing multiple key players in a season. Their midfield was ripped out and they lost a key goalkeeper and key centre back. To be in mid-table isn't too bad.

Next season without Europe with new signings bedded in they'll probably be top 8/9, which is great for Brighton.
Their recruitment is good, I like Baleba and Joao Pedro this season. I just thought people were overestimating it and assuming that they'd easily replace their midfield.

I think they've been dogshit this season tbh, they are currently on a 6 game winless run for the second time this season and have won 7 games in the last 7 months.

De Zerbi is a good coach, I don't believe that he just inherited what Potter did but he's basically a poor man's Conte.

Their recruitment is good, I like Baleba and Joao Pedro this season. I just thought people were overestimating it and assuming that they'd easily replace their midfield.

I think they've been dogshit this season tbh, they are currently on a 6 game winless run for the second time this season and have won 7 games in the last 7 months.

De Zerbi is a good coach, I don't believe that he just inherited what Potter did but he's basically a poor man's Conte.

They have been poor but their recruitment strategy is hoping these youngsters make it good and they can sell for big money. To go from caciedo and macalliser to billy gilmour etc is a downgrade.

Plus he started 2 youngsters O'mahony and offiah today. Half is first 11 are aged under 22 today

television video GIF by AMPYA

They have been poor but their recruitment strategy is hoping these youngsters make it good and they can sell for big money. To go from caciedo and macalliser to billy gilmour etc is a downgrade.

Plus he started 2 youngsters O'mahony and offiah today. Half is first 11 are aged under 22 today
Basically what Chelsea are trying to do.

No team can easily replace 2/3 of their midfield going in a season. No amount of data analysis forms those partnerships and if it was THAT easy then even elite sides wouldn't be paying 100m for Caicedo or Rice.

Been poor for sure. I don't rate De Zerbi that highly either, he was hipsters choice for a bit but when they lost they tended to lose REALLY badly.

Ultimately they lost 4-5 starters and had to play European football so the drop-off isn't unexpected.

No team can easily replace 2/3 of their midfield going in a season. No amount of data analysis forms those partnerships and if it was THAT easy then even elite sides wouldn't be paying 100m for Caicedo or Rice.

Been poor for sure. I don't rate De Zerbi that highly either, he was hipsters choice for a bit but when they lost they tended to lose REALLY badly.

Ultimately they lost 4-5 starters and had to play European football so the drop-off isn't unexpected.
He isn't even a hipster, you can see all of his tactics and patterns if you watch a 90's Serie A match on youtube. The only difference is he likes having possession.

Back
Top Bottom