Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I won't take that bet because I can see that too.

But you seriously telling me you aren't seeing that back 4 and lack of #6 or GK resulting in a shambles if he picks a front 3 of Kane Rashford and Saka every game?

Not really. Why would I?

It's the same back 4 we utilised for years. It's more than good enough for international football against most teams. It may fall short against an elite side but Stones-Walker are top class defenders, if Shaw is fit he's a good left back. Maguire is terrible (we should pick Tomori) but he sort of meanders along fine in internationals.

I think our front 3 will be Gordon-Kane-Saka or Grealish-Kane-Saka. Which is a very, very good front 3. If any of them are struggling for form, we have shit loads of options to switch them out for.

We'll be fine. Once you meet a France or Germany then loads of factors come in to play and 100% we could go out but the team is very good and could win it depending on the luck of a tournament.

Not really. Why would I?

It's the same back 4 we utilised for years. It's more than good enough for international football against most teams. It may fall short against an elite side but Stones-Walker are top class defenders, if Shaw is fit he's a good left back. Maguire is terrible (we should pick Tomori) but he sort of meanders along fine in internationals.

I think our front 3 will be Gordon-Kane-Saka or Grealish-Kane-Saka. Which is a very, very good front 3. If any of them are struggling for form, we have shit loads of options to switch them out for.

We'll be fine. Once you meet a France or Germany then loads of factors come in to play and 100% we could go out but the team is very good and could win it depending on the luck of a tournament.

Man said Grealish LOL

Southgate didn't start him when he's on form...

Look ultimately, we have some very very good players that at the top end are pretty close to France but that's been true of England squads that have gone out in shambles before.

We should get to QFs with what we have but there is every chance this manager and the way he picks the team could go wrong.

Man said Grealish LOL

Southgate didn't start him when he's on form...

Look ultimately, we have some very very good players that at the top end are pretty close to France but that's been true of England squads that have gone out in shambles before.

We should get to QFs with what we have but there is every chance this manager and the way he picks the team could go wrong.

Because he had a trusted player in Sterling who he didn’t want to drop. I don’t think he fully trusts anyone who plays LW at the moment. Definitely not Rashford.

You can simultaneously support the team and think the team is not very good and likely to lose. Supporters of terrible teams do this all of the time, unless you think Sheffield fans every week are posting about how great they are.

The ability to lie to yourself isn’t a prerequisite of being a fan. I understand you’re an England fan yet manage to be negative about Englands chances. I was the same during the Hodgson era. Still supported England, just thought we were useless.
Nah.. Thats not what you did. You said if we were top Billy would think prime Barcelona had nothing on us . That's what I contended with your post. Its exactly how he is supposed to feel. That was my only point. The broader point discussion about not being actually good wasn't in the post I questioned. Or saw in any earlier exchange you had by the way. 🙄

As for my lack of faith in the current England team it's a very poor fit and not at all analogous. I don't have an emotional relationship with the England team, I want them to win and I'm pleased when they do but its like the pleasure I experience when I get served a really good glass of wine or coffee. Its not deep abiding or emotional. I'm not going to in any way pretend I walk around for days irrationally happy like when Spurs win. That's why I can be clear headed about the teams shortcomings . Unless you're telling you actually feel that way about Spurs? No judgement.

Last edited:
I'm prepared to go £50 on that, if you're ok to front up a grand?

To clarify, that's Woolwich to finish outside the top 3 this season.

Good with me. So I win if Woolwich finish in the top 3. You win if they finish outside the top 3. It’s a deal. I choose the Scott foundation for my winnings.
As a gesture of goodwill during this cost of living crisis. You can keep my winnings mampi (I think it was). Looks like you deleted your account. Maybe to avoid paying up!

Too right.

Pressure will be on them Sunday too. Liverpool could be 3 points clear of them. City could be 1 point behind with 2 games in hand.

A loss could pretty much end their title hopes with 3 games to go. Draw doesn't do much either.

I think we have to beat them to stop them winning the league personally. That’s why I’m so concerned that we will just play right into their hands.

Maybe I cursed them.
Maybe I should say arse are getting better

Sad Please Please Please GIF by myHQ

Nah.. Thats not what you did. You said if we were top Billy would think prime Barcelona had nothing on us . That's what I contended with your post. Its exactly how he is supposed to feel. That was my only point. The broader point discussion about not being actually good wasn't in the post I questioned. Or saw in any earlier exchange you had by the way. 🙄

As for my lack of faith in the current England team it's a very poor fit and not at all analogous. I don't have an emotional relationship with the England team, I want them to win and I'm pleased when they do but its like the pleasure I experience when I get served a really good glass of wine or coffee. Its not deep abiding or emotional. I'm not going to in any way pretend I walk around for days irrationally happy like when Spurs win. That's why I can be clear headed about the teams shortcomings . Unless you're telling you actually feel that way about Spurs? No judgement.

Ironically, when you said this to him a few weeks ago; you were directing it at the wrong guy:

He doesn't feel it man your wasting your time.

Back
Top Bottom