Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But u see Woolwich not dropping any points away against us or united who have gotten results against all the 5 of the big six and villa at old Trafford
Nah I think they will beat us the way we are playing. They are a better team. United will be focused on the cup final & have nothing to play for really. You did think Luton could get something at Woolwich remember.
But we are all guessing. City & Woolwich could mess up & Liverpool win every game. Doubtful but we shall see. I just think Woolwich are more hungry than city who have done it so much already so that could be the key difference.

Err...yes because he supports Spurs. Like WE all do right? Right?

Spike Lee What GIF by NETFLIX

You can simultaneously support the team and think the team is not very good and likely to lose. Supporters of terrible teams do this all of the time, unless you think Sheffield fans every week are posting about how great they are.

The ability to lie to yourself isn’t a prerequisite of being a fan. I understand you’re an England fan yet manage to be negative about Englands chances. I was the same during the Hodgson era. Still supported England, just thought we were useless.

When the pressure's off the scum can relax and play

reality is in Munich and home vs Villa, they bottled it.

Too right.

Pressure will be on them Sunday too. Liverpool could be 3 points clear of them. City could be 1 point behind with 2 games in hand.

A loss could pretty much end their title hopes with 3 games to go. Draw doesn't do much either.

It's definitely the quarters,and Fulham and Brighton are on full holiday mode nothing at all to risk having to go to Ibiza in a boot. City will walk the title now.
I don’t see the city of this season winning all their games. But hope you are right!
As for England , I’d have to look up who we play if we win our group etc before I can predict. But basically the first very good team like France we will bottle it as always.

You can simultaneously support the team and think the team is not very good and likely to lose. Supporters of terrible teams do this all of the time, unless you think Sheffield fans every week are posting about how great they are.

The ability to lie to yourself isn’t a prerequisite of being a fan. I understand you’re an England fan yet manage to be negative about Englands chances. I was the same during the Hodgson era. Still supported England, just thought we were useless.

Why would you think the team you support isn't very good if they are top of the league?

Or had you already forgotten the point you were arguing?

Why would you think the team you support isn't very good if they are top of the league?

Or had you already forgotten the point you were arguing?

I wouldn’t think being top of the premier league would make us prime Barcelona. I’d probably just think we were good. Just like now we’re 5th and I think we’re pretty crap and I have no faith in this team to do much of worth.

Of course. When they play the Scum, Chelsea look like a League 2 side. When they play us next Thursday, they'll turn into Brazil 1970.
Oh its coming. On top of that our record at Bamford Stridge is not great either. Weve gotta be on top of our game to get a result there too, as well as the weekend when woolwich turn up. Very tough week coming up.

The left backs an issue too, and people were desperate enough to be betting the farm on Kobbie Maninoo... zero chance we win it

You see? Intensely negative about an actually good team with a lot of excellent players who have actually come close to big things lately, yet still an England fan.

Same deal with me being capable of being negative with a not very good team with a few alright players who haven’t come close recently.

I will happily bet any amount of money you like that we will at an absolute minimum reach the quarter final. There is zero chance we get knocked out in the groups.
I won't take that bet because I can see that too.

But you seriously telling me you aren't seeing that back 4 and lack of #6 or GK resulting in a shambles if he picks a front 3 of Kane Rashford and Saka every game?

Back
Top Bottom