Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah I mean the guys who are his water carrier bitch boys while he’s the star of the show and idolised mate .. we have Rice who can do that, he’s just better at everything else.
France knows a thing about water carriers...theirs has 2 WCs...I imagine they won't want to hear from you until you get 1.

Maguire isn’t rated. But he’s still better than most of their shite centre backs. Konate is good that’s fucking it. And he’s nowhere near Stones levels.
But he's WC for England, right? Stones is a ball player not a lockdown defender. Konate wins here.

Mbappe and Griez are their two genuine top attackers. We have Kane, Foden, Saka with a bunch of genuine depth + Bellingham who gets more g/a than their midfield put together
How'd that work out for you last time?

How thick is Doku

oooh bouncing ball from a corner

let's let it bounce one more time, important not to play it before it bounces

then let's wait till it's bounced really high and I'm sure I can boot it clear once a Dipper player had got there so I can stick my boot right in his chest

How'd that work out for you last time?

We uh .. bossed the game but missed a penalty. Shit happens Todd. Tournament before the French went out to Switzerland. France have more talent than Argentina but lost the final, so what?

Since then our talent has only shone brighter, theirs has not.

Not even close...Let's go man for man if you will...There's not a position at which you have an demonstrable edge.

I think France have a better squad overall. But I'd take Kane, Bellingham, Saka and Foden over Giroud, Mbappe, Griezmann and Coman. Kane is a level above Giroud (or any of their other strikers) and Griezmann, although still quality, is 33 this month. Three of England's front four are still 5 or 6 years away from what should be their peaks.

But the French are still the team to beat though. After them you have Spain, Portugal and England. Under that lot, the likes of Belgium, Croatia, Netherlands, Germany etc.

We uh .. bossed the game but missed a penalty. Shit happens Todd.
So your attack and their defense is not as strong and weak (respectively) as you are making out then?
Tournament before the French went out to Switzerland.
tell me about the tournament before that!
France have more talent than Argentina but lost the final, so what?
They were tired of winning...they've got the hunger back now.
Since then our talent has only shone brighter, theirs has not.
In farmer's leagues?

Pickford/Maignan - Not much in it. Neither are top class. Draw.

Walker/Pavard - Different profile of full-back. But Walker, just.
Stones/Konate - Different strengths again. But I'm taking Stones all day.
Maguire/Saliba - Saliba, just about. (obviously a joke)
Shaw/Hernandez - Not much in it as Shaw plays well for England. But Hernandez.

Rice/Camavinga - Both excellent. Draw.
Bellingham/Rabiot - Bellingham. Different style of midfielder but definitely better.
Foden/Greizmann - Draw. Both at different stages of their careers. Foden almost 10 years younger.

Rashford/Mbappe - Rashford is the poor man's Mbappe. So Mbappe by a mile.
Saka/Coman - Saka is better. Though not by much.
Kane/Giroud - I think Giroud has always been a bit under-rated, but obviously Kane.

So I make that 5 players for England, 3 for France and 3 draws.

I think France have a better squad overall.
Someone do a wellness check on Deuterz Deuterz ...not sure he's gonna be safe alone tonight.
But I'd take Kane, Bellingham, Saka and Foden over Giroud, Mbappe, Griezmann and Coman. Kane is a level above Giroud (or any of their other strikers) and Griezmann, although still quality, is 33 this month. Three of England's front four are still 5 or 6 years away from what should be their peaks.
Good points...not sure Giroud is going to be the starter...betting on Thuram but he will be playing the same role but with significantly more athleticism (but with potentially less cunning). And with this setup not sure Kane over Mbappe is the move, right? Now, if you had Kane setting up Mbappe playing the Sonny role then you'd be on to something.
But the French are still the team to beat though. After them you have Spain, Portugal and England. Under that lot, the likes of Belgium, Croatia, Netherlands, Germany etc.
Sounds reasonable...England are definitely proper contenders (deuterz will wipe from his mind that I've said this)

Someone do a wellness check on Deuterz Deuterz ...not sure he's gonna be safe alone tonight.

Good points...not sure Giroud is going to be the starter...betting on Thuram but he will be playing the same role but with significantly more athleticism (but with potentially less cunning). And with this setup not sure Kane over Mbappe is the move, right? Now, if you had Kane setting up Mbappe playing the Sonny role then you'd be on to something.

Sounds reasonable...England are definitely proper contenders (deuterz will wipe from his mind that I've said this)

More than anything, France have a winning mentality. They know how to get over the line. Know how to win games when they're not at their best. England are still searching for that. They also have a winner as a manager. Whereas we have Southgate, who's a nice bloke and someone the players really like but just doesn't have it in him to make the big calls in the biggest moments. And is why I would always fancy France if we met them in a final or the latter rounds. We did show last summer that we could compete with them though, they came off knowing they had been in a game.

I live in France and the French generally rate England really highly now and see us as the biggest threat.

It's not improving at all and likely never will. All it does is slow the game down without any benefit.

There's no point in keeping it.

Statistically; the amount of incorrect decisions overturned debunks this assertion.

tbf he isn't there for his end product but more for his ability to get the ball to the final third which he does pretty well.

Without Salah picking up the goal-scoring slack they're gonna get tired of him & Gackpo pretty fast (especially with Nunez being less than clinical for a CF too).

Last edited:
Statistically; the amount of incorrect decisions overturned debunks this assertion.
Yeah but I'd rather have no VAR even with increased human error if they aren't going to get it right nearly 100% of the time. It just slows the game down and makes those decisions more annoying than if a referee just got it wrong.

I can accept human error in the moment more than being able to play footage back and still coming to the incorrect decision.
Without Salah picking up the goal-scoring slack they're gonna get tired of him & Gackpo pretty fast (especially with Nunez being less that clinical for a CF too).
Agreed, those type of players are good but need to be complemented with other players who can provide the output to go with it.

Yep, that's Woolwich and City both out of the way for them now.

I look at their fixtures and I can't actually see anywhere they drop points. Perhaps Villa away if Villa are really on it and still fighting for top four but that's the penultimate game of the season. Their issue is how many fixtures they have, still in Europa League, FA Cup etc.

Woolwich got City away next, us away and tbh games like Wolves away can be tricky for them.

Citys toughest game outside of Woolwich at home is probably us away and even then, outside of that, I can't see them dropping any points. Again though, lots of fixtures.

Funny game though football.

04/05/24. 💪💪💪

It should have been a penalty. Those saying otherwise would be screaming bloody murder if it had happened to us.

i

NO FOUL.:var:

Back
Top Bottom