Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They are usually always given. Isn't consistency what we all want to see? It's so clumsy and daft to even attempt that in your own box.
You are correct. It’s more me being of the mindset we give pens fair too easily so for those types of ones I’d prefer them not given. Same when a player puts his leg out to the side to trip over a defender & then gets a pen. But yeah if we are being consistent then that’s usually giving.

Well thanks for maybe handing the Gooners the title you red and blue fuckfaces...

Don't see it, they were top at this point last season by 5 points....5 points
They are the gods of bottling

They've got man City away next , luton who have looked decent and fighting
Wolves away
Spurs away
Villa at home
United away who
Brighton away
Even Bournemouth they'll probably bottle

You are correct. It’s more me being of the mindset we give pens fair too easily so for those types of ones I’d prefer them not giving. Same when a player puts his leg out to the side to trip over a defender & then gets a pen. But yeah if we are being consistent then that’s usually giving.

It's one of them where you would have a bit of sympathy for Doku as he's clearly trying to play the ball and may have even got a toe on it at the same time as booting the player. But it's just so insanely stupid to even attempt to clear a bouncing ball in your own penalty area like that. Sometimes you have to learn things the hard way. I don't think Liverpool were robbed by it not being given, but I'm very surprised it wasn't.

Not a pen in my opinion. It's definitely clumsy and shoulda gone with his head instead, but he gets the ball and as usual, the dippers (fans included) do everything they can to influence the ref.

I don’t think they’ll win the league either. Fixtures are harder and the Etihad is a nailed on points dropped game.

Going to our ground as well will be ridiculously tough to win at as we’ll be ultra ultra motivated if they’re in the race.
City rarely beat top 5 opponents. In fact have they won against the top 5 this season. That’s why I don’t think it’s as straightforward as city just go on a crazy winning run. Even Chelsea were too much for city to beat.
I am glad we have hope with Liverpool as well, so That’s 2 chances of stopping Woolwich.

Salah was absolutely useless when he came on.

Liverpool were brilliant though. This definitely has a Last Dance feel to it though. Almost expecting them to win the league on the final day with a last minute goal

Not a pen in my opinion. It's definitely clumsy and shoulda gone with his head instead, but he gets the ball and as usual, the dippers (fans included) do everything they can to influence the ref.

Clumsy is being very generous, in my opinon. The ball was about 4 feet or more off the ground. It was madness to attempt to clear it like that in your own box, even if he just about got a toe on it. If that's a defender they throw their head on it all day long, for good reason.

Glad it wasn't though as the whole Liverpool love-in within the media would have become even more sickening had they won this game.

Don't see it, they were top at this point last season by 5 points....5 points
They are the gods of bottling

They've got man City away next , luton who have looked decent and fighting
Wolves away
Spurs away
Villa at home
United away who
Brighton away
Even Bournemouth they'll probably bottle
They have rice whos a leader this season & saliba fit. They have experience of bottling it which teams normally do before taking the next step. I think you go in to the over optimistic category when you expect Luton to go to Woolwich & get a draw! But I like your optimism.

Ars won't fall away like last season tbh, I don't think they have more of a capacity to bottle it than the other two though.

TBH I can see Liverpool winning this, they've got the easier fixtures and still have Trent, Kounate and Jones to come back in.

We could be 5 points from the top before any of the top 3 play their next match.

Thought City were lucky to get away with the penalty at the end especially at anfield but equally Liverpool lucky Doku hit the post a few mins before.

It's one of them where you would have a bit of sympathy for Doku as he's clearly trying to play the ball and may have even got a toe on it at the same time as booting the player. But it's just so insanely stupid to even attempt to clear a bouncing ball in your own penalty area like that. Sometimes you have to learn things the hard way. I don't think Liverpool were robbed by it not being given, but I'm very surprised it wasn't.
Yeah it would be soft but his own fault for being careless. You have to head it in those situations. So city couldn’t feel too hard done by if it was given & Liverpool when it wasn’t. But as you say, it’s unfair with the consistency as you can have one given against you , & then you don’t get one for the exact same thing .

Ars won't fall away like last season tbh, I don't think they have more of a capacity to bottle it than the other two though.

TBH I can see Liverpool winning this, they've got the easier fixtures and still have Trent, Kounate and Jones to come back in.

Yep, that's Woolwich and City both out of the way for them now.

I look at their fixtures and I can't actually see anywhere they drop points. Perhaps Villa away if Villa are really on it and still fighting for top four but that's the penultimate game of the season. Their issue is how many fixtures they have, still in Europa League, FA Cup etc.

Woolwich got City away next, us away and tbh games like Wolves away can be tricky for them.

Citys toughest game outside of Woolwich at home is probably us away and even then, outside of that, I can't see them dropping any points. Again though, lots of fixtures.

Funny game though football.

They have rice whos a leader this season & saliba fit. They have experience of bottling it which teams normally do before taking the next step. I think you go in to the over optimistic category when you expect Luton to go to Woolwich & get a draw! But I like your optimism.
And I think you're massively overrating them but I enjoy your pessimism

No, it's been a good day given our 4-0 win earlier. Could have done without this match being the best possible result for those nomad pricks.
But you know , it’s two of the best teams in England . City win would be preferable but no one loses real ground ..

Ya know what , be angry. if it’ helps . There’s a point Between 3 teams

Back
Top Bottom