Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s because you’re fucking crazy, Todd. Like I love you but damn, you must have some of the good shit over there in the States.
I've said this to you before...not sure I included BOTH Haaland and Mbappe in the same post. But he walks right through my archetypal cutout.

Look, you know I don't really rate Mbappe...I know what he does and has done but I'm not impressed by it and believe it can be shut down. If he's foolish enough to come to the PL (he won't), and someone is foolish enough to waste their money to get him to the PL (they won't), his profile will wane...he won't like it up him.

Haaland's game is dependent and doesn't synergistically improve his team. City are more direct to accommodate him, and he scores his goals, but both are not greater because of his presence.

as you see with Liverpool, they are more lethal and direct as a result of Darwin's inclusion but his presence makes others and the team more lethal...all dependent on having proper wide players to take advantage. But Darwin has something that cannot be shutdown game in game out...the other two do not.

I've said this to you before...not sure I included BOTH Haaland and Mbappe in the same post. But he walks right through my archetypal cutout.

Look, you know I don't really rate Mbappe...I know what he does and has done but I'm not impressed by it and believe it can be shut down. If he's foolish enough to come to the PL (he won't), and someone is foolish enough to waste their money to get him to the PL (they won't), his profile will wane...he won't like it up him.

Haaland's game is dependent and doesn't synergistically improve his team. City are more direct to accommodate him, and he scores his goals, but both are not greater because of his presence.

as you see with Liverpool, they are more lethal and direct as a result of Darwin's inclusion but his presence makes others and the team more lethal...all dependent on having proper wide players to take advantage. But Darwin has something that cannot be shutdown game in game out...the other two do not.

Mbappe is rapid, technically slick and a fantastic athlete. He’s also clinical and has torn up multiple world cups and big teams in the CL. On the other hand Darwin is quick, works hard and has scored a few lately.

It’s not close Todd. Mbappe schools him in every category that isn’t work-rate and aerial ability. They’re on completely different levels. Until about five minutes ago Nunez was a glorified Shane Long and not even nailed in a lineup.

Every club on the planet would walk Mbappe in to their lineup if he didn’t demand 2 million a week or whatever. He’s stratospherically clear.

Mbappe is rapid, technically slick and a fantastic athlete.
Rapid, yes...technically slick and fantastic athlete, no. He is uncoordinated and clunky on the ball...often tricking himself. Weird folks can't see it.
On the other hand Darwin is quick, works hard and has scored a few lately.
Forgetting stronger than most CFs and CBs...and notice I said "central" in my post.
It’s not close Todd. Mbappe schools him in every category that isn’t work-rate and aerial ability. They’re on completely different levels. Until about five minutes ago Nunez was a glorified Shane Long and not even nailed in a lineup.
:harrylol:...again, I also said "my archetypal cutout"..."work-rate and aerial ability" would matter. And you still have the problem of 1 point of threat with Mbappe centrally...and he's not good enough on the ball to be played wide where he'd have to beat a man with it at his feet. sure, if you want to "CRonnie" him and make everyone else work for him then go ahead but you'd probably be wasting better players like RM did.
Every club on the planet would walk Mbappe in to their lineup if he didn’t demand 2 million a week or whatever. He’s stratospherically clear.
Which is why I'm part of the vanguard, Deuterz!!!! Take your time but everyone catches up ultimately...let me know when you do!:mourthumb:

Nah. City are too ruthless and Chelsea not good enough.

I hope!!!
They look wide open & their for the taking. Not the city of old. But hopefully you are right. If city score first then I think Chelsea heads will drop. But if Chelsea score first I think they will at least get a draw. Should be 2 up already Chelsea.

Chelsea seem to play well against other "Big 6" sides. The only time that they've been bad is against Liverpool and United away.

Getting tired of Sterling's shit play and then smile routine. Why he felt that play necessitated a touch instead of just chipping Ederson I will never know.

Back
Top Bottom