Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brentford have just rolled over here. I appreciated we gotten them their goals but they had way more fight for us.
My God, has it occured to the “rolled over for others, fought for their lives against us” crew that maybe it’s us not being good enough that make other teams seem they play better than they usually do?

Right now, prospectively, I'd take him over all other potential central strikers...Haaland and Mbappe included...and have been saying such since before the bandwagon got a little more accommodating...but good to see others begin to appreciate a player/striker whose sheer threat is more than just the shiny objects...

That’s because you’re fucking crazy, Todd. Like I love you but damn, you must have some of the good shit over there in the States.

It’s possible Liverpool are just better than us, as baffling as that concept may be to some.
I'm not talking about quality I'm asking about fight. And passion. They barely tried.

For what it's worth, I think overall the dippers are better than us, but Ange has only been here half a season.

But they didn't try. West Ham didn't fucking try against Woolwich. Everton didn't put up a fight against City.

These teams continually put in abject performances against everyone yet pull off worldies when they play Spurs.

What do you think will happen today in City v Chelsea? I'm expecting a monstrous City rout. But when we play, how will Chelsea play?

Last edited:
I'm not talking about quality I'm asking about fight. And passion. They barely tried.

For what it's worth, I think overall the dippers are better than us, but Ange has only been here half a season.

But they didn't try. West Ham didn't fucking try against Woolwich. Everton didn't put up a fight against City.

These teams continually put in abject performances against everyone yet pull off worldies when they play Spurs.

What don't think will happen today in City v Chelsea? I'm expecting a monstrous Coty rout. But when we play, how will Chelsea play?

Those teams put games to bed more often than not, this game was done when the 2nd goal went in, can't say the same about the majority of our matches this season.

What don't think will happen today in City v Chelsea? I'm expecting a monstrous Coty rout. But when we play, how will Chelsea play?

Teams look like they’re putting a lot more effort in when the other side can’t get control and when they’re less scared of having a go at them.

We don’t really have the fear factor of a City and we still aren’t able to really get control of games consistently. So we still make games a scrap a lot.

West Ham beat Woolwich at home & in the cup so they do turn up for them, it’s just on that day they got outplayed.

We need to get to the point where teams turn up feeling beaten already like they will for City. That will take time.

Back
Top Bottom