OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2022/23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's going to be hilarious when they predictably drop out the title race and seeing those people go "I told you so"
That's the way of the internet, right? Say outlandish shit on the front side to get attention and tribal belonging with very little investment at all. And in the very fucking unlikely event it becomes true you look like a genius...otherwise just ignore you ever said that bullshit to begin with.

That said, there's no fucking way Woolwich are winning the league!!!!

I don’t think they will win the league but they are clearly the favourites for second place at the minute

Of course they are.... That's in no way a controversial take.

Pretty sure they were favourites for top 4 last year too.... Funnily enough, the ups and downs of a 38 game season prevailed.

Bit perverse seeing this little pocket of Spurs fans getting so giddy over them currently doing well though......... Glenn Hoddle syndrome is on the rise.

Pretty sure they were favourites for top 4 last year too.... Funnily enough, the ups and downs of a 38 game season prevailed.

Bit perverse seeing this little pocket of Spurs fans getting so giddy over them currently doing well though......... Glenn Hoddle syndrome is on the rise.
I’m not giddy over them, I’m just stating facts. I detest them

wouldn't say its getting "giddy" tbh. You can bregudgingly(or not) concede when your rivals look decent and hope they eventually falter.

For the most part they have been good this season and have played well.

If Saka’s injury is long term they’ll be in trouble though, that’s their one big weakness - depth. The replacements aren’t half as good.

Very reliant on a strong starting XI but behind that there isn’t that much.

They weren't favourites. You always knew they were going to fall at the first sight of trouble.

They needed help from West Ham and Chelsea deliberately throwing games v them to keep up, a missed penalty for United, for us to keep slipping up, and they still didn't make it because they knew that they were shite and were just getting lucky.

This season, bar the game v Leeds and Palace, the scum haven't gotten lucky. They've gotten good.

Last edited:
wouldn't say its getting "giddy" tbh. You can bregudgingly(or not) concede when your rivals look decent and hope they eventually falter.

For the most part they have been good this season and have played well.

Indeed.

Some are giddy for their own reasons/motivations/narratives though..... "Begrudgingly" really doesn't apply in some cases.

Back
Top Bottom