Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With KWP getting MOTM and looking the part again, Noni at PSV carving out a name at 18, Skipp flourishing, it's fair to say our development has been sub par (to put it sensationally mildly) these past few years.

100% KWP>Doherty + full Club Trained HG, younger, bizarre stuff.
Marcus 'Messi' Edwards :levyeyes: :levyeyes:

I know, as we saw in our game against them, they have the occasional meltdown, but Hasenhuttl basically has to work with rookie kids, totally unheralded and often bargain basement no-marks, and players who were thought done at PL level. Even if they drop down the league by the end of the campaign, to get what is now like a years worth of performance and tenacious fight out of them is pretty decent coaching work.
People have compared him to Klopp (this thread and other places), and I think it's very accurate. The difference was that Klopp changed his system based on the talent he had (namely, the fullbacks) and the demands imposed by the Premier League (toned down the relentless pressing).

That is a hard thing to do, but if Hasenhuttl can do it, he will win trophies - probably not a Southampton, but somewhere.

In one week, Liverpool have lost 7 points in three matches - against Southampton, Newcastle and West Brom.

No need for a meltdown after every bad result (Palace, Leicester...). All big teams will lose points and form sooner or later.

In one week, Liverpool have lost 7 points in three matches - against Southampton, Newcastle and West Brom.

No need for a meltdown after every bad result (Palace, Leicester...). All big teams will lose points and form sooner or later.
The performances for Spurs have been more frustrating than some of the results. I thought Liverpool was our best match by far over that poor 4-match stretch.

Leeds was encouraging and I hope we build on it.

I think Liverpool fans are not having a very good time right now.

Yes, Liverpool dropped a lot of points, but we've gone from top of the table to 4 off the top, and City are even on points with us, with a game in hand.

Ole the fucking PE teacher is ahead of us.

The performances for Spurs have been more frustrating than some of the results. I thought Liverpool was our best match by far over that poor 4-match stretch.

Leeds was encouraging and I hope we build on it.
I don't disagree. However, Liverpool have been playing poorly before their last three matches. United have also been very lucky lately and their form - results and performances - will suffer again.

It will happen with every club. Now, I'm not saying we shouldn't be critical of ourserves, but we need to have some perspective. We have a tendency to overreact, wouldn't you agree?

Is this a joke?

Kwp lost his man thrice in the second half alone.
Mane had him on absolute toast and 5-6 times.

Every single chance liverpool created came through KWP being done.
He was good in possession, I'll give him that.
I’d say KWP was pretty good but rating how a defenders played is always a bit odd for me.

Mane was the only one for Liverpool who looked threatening in 2nd half, Salah on the other hand was invisible. KWP is getting a bunch of praise but not seeing much for Bertrand, who kept Salah quiet.

Shouldn’t the defender who completely kept the opposing player (aka PL top goal scorer) out of match get more praise?

Mane was the only one for Liverpool who looked threatening in 2nd half, Salah on the other hand was invisible
That's not very unusual tbh. Salah is a selfish prick who's always looking out for no 1, and Mane is the one running defenders ragged for 90 mins.

Salah doesn't press much unless he smells a potential chance, and doesn't track back much either.

Just finished the first half of the Southampton/Liverpool game. Really good half of football, so refreshing to see a team come out and be really aggressive with Liverpool instead of the usual passive limp biscuit most offer against them. If Southampton had better quality footballers they could easily have come in 2 or 3 goals to the good.

Back
Top Bottom