OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just out of interest, where were you sitting/standing?
I was at the back/middle of Park Lane, where it wasn't too bad (it's been better, of course, but most definitely worse!
...but could genuinely not hear much from Palace either...)

The atmosphere reeeeaally needs an injection of something! The place hasn't quite been the same since they took away our drum, and clamped down on YID!
If they want a mourge, we're certainly givin' it to them!!

BTW, has ANYONE seen the surfer flag, or was it all a massive Troll WUM??

Paxton Upper (Yes, I know). I was taking some family members to a football game for the first time so thought that would be the best place to break them in so to speak. And I was right. It was a decidedly pleasant family day out akin to going to a picnic in the park.

Modern Football eh.

I know it's been said before, but I'm quite enjoying us ''being in crisis'' but in amongst title contenders Liverpool and the media sweethearts Everton. Underestimate us at your peril. We may not be that great but we're winning.

I like the work ethic Sherwood is trying to install. Seems he hasn't got time for shirkers which is sending out the right message. As soon as the players know they won't be in the team unless they give 100% then the better we will become.
The first half yesterday was horrible and a top team talk changed that. The work rate went up 10 fold.
I'm sure he will be dealing with the half arsed effort in the first half.

Just out of interest, where were you sitting/standing?
I was at the back/middle of Park Lane, where it wasn't too bad (it's been better, of course, but most definitely worse!
...but could genuinely not hear much from Palace either...)

The atmosphere reeeeaally needs an injection of something! The place hasn't quite been the same since they took away our drum, and clamped down on YID!
If they want a mourge, we're certainly givin' it to them!!

BTW, has ANYONE seen the surfer flag, or was it all a massive Troll WUM??

I was in South Lower and thought they were up there as the nosiest fans this season.

Paddypower Special on the back of 'that' penalty:

3799_10152136432909914_838285854_n.jpg

I know it's been said before, but I'm quite enjoying us ''being in crisis'' but in amongst title contenders Liverpool and the media sweethearts Everton. Underestimate us at your peril. We may not be that great but we're winning.
Yeh weird season apparently the worst ever for us but best for Liverpool. Maybe it's due to expectation apart from their forwards I think we have a better squad then them their middle is pretty average. Difficult season to predict though if we make top 4 with all our new players and new manager it will be a success. Remember man city spend quarter of a billion or something and finished 5th behind us a few seasons back because all their new players where still figuring out how to play together.

Yeh weird season apparently the worst ever for us but best for Liverpool. Maybe it's due to expectation apart from their forwards I think we have a better squad then them their middle is pretty average. Difficult season to predict though if we make top 4 with all our new players and new manager it will be a success. Remember man city spend quarter of a billion or something and finished 5th behind us a few seasons back because all their new players where still figuring out how to play together.

I think it's because they have players having epic seasons - Suarez for one. They've also had big wins (against us :( for one).

We've not really had anyone stand out, everyone's been a bit "meh", granted some slightly above "meh" scale lately. I think big wins and stand-out performers make the situation seem better; we've had a few 'scraped' wins which gives the impression we're riding on luck rather than kicking ass

See, the reason I think it's not a pen is that Chamakh throws his right leg across Dembele in a pretty unnatural way. Clumsy from Dembele, but I felt like Chamakh bought it.
He did it to shield the ball and Dembele ran through him (funny how it's usually Dembele doing it to others), it was definitely a penalty.

If the ball was out of his control/far away then you'd have a shout for obstruction but that wasn't the case here.

I think it's because they have players having epic seasons - Suarez for one. They've also had big wins (against us :( for one).

We've not really had anyone stand out, everyone's been a bit "meh", granted some slightly above "meh" scale lately. I think big wins and stand-out performers make the situation seem better; we've had a few 'scraped' wins which gives the impression we're riding on luck rather than kicking ass
Your right on that mate performances have been disjointed so far but like Chelsea the fact we are still doing ok despite not being at our best is perhaps good news for the future, I hope when we have our players back from injury we can start to form a more cohesive unit but I fear like man city all those seasons ago it may take time

In all fairness though, he was key to the first goal and provided the assist yesterday.
He's had 6 games, 3 goals and 2 assists in the Prem; so you could say that in all but one game he's played he's contributed towards a goal - that's better than any other striker we have by a yard.

He does so much more than just score. I agree that you never know which version of him you're going to get on the field, but I think recently he's just been jaded from playing no games all season and then being thrown into the christmas rush.
:adeninja:
Aye, he's had no games and then starts playing, of course he's going to play well. He is a quality striker for more than just scoring, being that he turns up. Maintain something to play for and you've got the best Adebayor. If not I'd prefer Doherty.

sorry haven't been able to read all the posts (on Mum and Aunty duty at the moment), but did get to the game yesterday. I sit behind the goal in the Paxton to the left, 9 rows back, and I had to duck from the penalty, he nearly had my head off!! Has to be the worst penalty I have ever seen.
A sorry first half, if Palace weren't so poor at finishing, it would have been embarrassing! That must have been a good half time team talk, as second half was pretty OK. Bentaleb was unlucky not to have scored from a spectacular shot and he had a good game. Moose, apart from the penalty give away, played well too. Eriksen has all the technique but he needs to speed up and beef up a bit to do really well in the EPL. Still waiting for Bobby to starts hitting the back of the net, but to be fair, he didn't have many chances.
Atmosphere was quiet again, especially first half, when Palace fans were very loud. Improved second half and Defoe's introduction lifted everybody.
This game was a potential banana skin and glad to come out the other side relatively unscathed and with the three points in the bag.

I was in South Lower and thought they were up there as the nosiest fans this season.

Watched it in the pub.

'Is this the Emirates', 'Is this a library' & 'Your support is fucking shit' were heard loud & clear. So fucking embarrassing.

Craven Cottage Mk2.

Where is the fella from the Shelf that whinged about 1882? What the fuck was his super mob doing yesterday?

Dreadful 'atmosphere' yet again but why the surprise that away fans make more noise at a PL game?
It's been happening for years and is prevalent at most grounds now.
We are bad (at the moment) but are by no means the worst.

Back
Top Bottom