OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My reaction to that penalty ...

id1Bow.gif

I would really like to see a return to 4-2-3-1. With the freedom Tim gives them I think it'd be best. And with Defoe because utterly underwhelmed by Bobby and Ade atm.
Aye, i was thinking this the other day a mix of tactics would see us win 30-0 every game. :freundgoal:

lloris
walker chiriches vertonghen rose
holtby sandro eriksen
lennon soldado lamela

Given a full team selection of course.

Sit deep and exploit space using quick direct passing and a counter mindset.

Soldado's price tag is keeping him in the team at the moment. Id rather play Kane than Soldado at the moment.....even with service he is wasting chance after chance, and his work rate sucks right now.

No point moving well off the ball if you do nothing else.

Whenever I see a penalty awarded against Spurs - I always view it as if it were being awarded TO us. If that had been on one of our players, I would of wanted it. I think it was fair.

That is a very fair-minded, reasoned argument!

Bit like when a goal is scored against us, I always think we'd/he'd have never scored that! ...especially when it's a one-on-one!

Nick

Surely you can remember just about 4 weeks ago versus Liverpool. That was a much worse first half performance than today, and on that occasion we didn't get better in the second half, it got even worse. At least we had a shot in the first half, we didn't in that whole match.

I disagree. Liverpool overran us, they were too good for us.

Yesterday we had the ball plenty but no movement off the ball, no quick passes, no effort made even when Palace kept breaking on us no one seemed to care that much and just wandered back.

The worst thing was whenever anyone was on the ball they would take a touch, look up, take a touch, move get ball to the side slightly, look around, turn around then pass it backwards. It was pathetic.

Second half we remembered triangles, one touch passing, movement...

Was at a wedding yesterday. Can someone please be so kind to give me a brief summary. pros / cons etc.

Good players / shit players.

(I am too lazy / hungover to be arsed reading the thread).

Can someone please make a gif of Jason puncheon shaking his head after the penalty and mouthing 'for gods sake' or whatever it was? Can see it comin in handy on here! I can only find a dailymotion video of the highlights so unable to use an online YouTube gif maker.

Was at a wedding yesterday. Can someone please be so kind to give me a brief summary. pros / cons etc.

Good players / shit players.

(I am too lazy / hungover to be arsed reading the thread).

First half everyone was terrible. Poor in possession, poor at defending, a lack of fight. I really can't stress how much Palace were battering us, if they had more confidence in the final third it would have 0-3 at half time.

Second half we immediately sprang to life and started to actually start hitting some meaningful forward passes. That said because of the first half it's really difficult to pick a MOTM from yesterday, Bentaleb probably gets it but more because very little is expected of him still rather than him having a flawless game.

Adebayor is temperamental, he's either on fire or non existent. I'd play Soldado over him for his off the ball movement alone. Bring on Adebayor in the second half, getting him to earn his starting birth long term.

In all fairness though, he was key to the first goal and provided the assist yesterday.
He's had 6 games, 3 goals and 2 assists in the Prem; so you could say that in all but one game he's played he's contributed towards a goal - that's better than any other striker we have by a yard.

He does so much more than just score. I agree that you never know which version of him you're going to get on the field, but I think recently he's just been jaded from playing no games all season and then being thrown into the christmas rush.
:adeninja:

Got to say the atmosphere was fucking terrible yesterday. Palace fans totally showed us up.

No excuses really, London derby, 3pm Saturday kick-off. Yes I know the football was poor first half but blimey. It's like a morgue down the Lane these days.

Football wise. Well, if Palace play like that every week they won't go down. They were unlucky not to be 2 up at half time. But fair play Sherwood got stuck into the players at half-time and we came out and actually played football. 3 points, unbeaten in the league under Tim, roll on the Jacks away.

Got to say the atmosphere was fucking terrible yesterday. Palace fans totally showed us up.

No excuses really, London derby, 3pm Saturday kick-off. Yes I know the football was poor first half but blimey. It's like a morgue down the Lane these days.

Just out of interest, where were you sitting/standing?

I was at the back/middle of Park Lane, where it wasn't too bad (it's been better, of course, but most definitely worse!

...but could genuinely not hear much from Palace either...)

The atmosphere reeeeaally needs an injection of something! The place hasn't quite been the same since they took away our drum, and clamped down on YID!
If they want a mourge, we're certainly givin' it to them!!

BTW, has ANYONE seen the surfer flag, or was it all a massive Troll WUM??

Back
Top Bottom