Olympique de Marseille VS Tottenham Hotspur. Tuesday 1st November. UEFA Champions League. 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Huge game. Hope we show up from the off..

We have struggled last games, but there was good spells in second half vs Bournemouth, and coming back like that should be a booster to the confidence.

Think we bounce back, and that will keep us in a very good position - last 16 CL and third in the prem.

Not bad for a team with three og four footballers, and led by a football dinasour?

Looks like I'm going to miss the shuttle buses, so wish me luck 🤞. I'm sure that there is an element of exaggeration regarding the dangers of Marseille. My outlook is that if you carry yourself with confidence, and make sensible clothing choices, you should blend in well enough. I'm travelling solo, which should also help.
Thanks very much for the info, as I was wondering if there would be later buses, which wasn't confirmed on the official Spurs website.
I wish I'd ignored the advice and just got on a plane. Enjoy and stay safe x

Looks like I'm going to miss the shuttle buses, so wish me luck 🤞. I'm sure that there is an element of exaggeration regarding the dangers of Marseille. My outlook is that if you carry yourself with confidence, and make sensible clothing choices, you should blend in well enough. I'm travelling solo, which should also help.
Thanks very much for the info, as I was wondering if there would be later buses, which wasn't confirmed on the official Spurs website.
Glad it was useful. Safe trip mate. 👍🏻

Have a safe stay, good game and come back safe!:thumbup:

the players lack of personality, they suffer pressure when they are favorites.
they show good things when we're losing and the situation is desperate, but at the beginning of the match they do the minimum to avoid mistakes, don't risk the pass, don't risk the shot, don't risk the dribbling

I hope conte can work on that

Great win to come back against Bournemouth from 2-0 down. Helped that they just sat back and let us come at them for 45 mins…. If they had kept going I’ve a feeling we would have lost that 4-0

We are not cl level in any way shape or form. A lot of our players are championship level at best ….. 2-0 loss.

Europa here we come, which is where our level is

Bin vote cast for dumbest post of the year.

Clown

the players lack of personality, they suffer pressure when they are favorites.
they show good things when we're losing and the situation is desperate, but at the beginning of the match they do the minimum to avoid mistakes, don't risk the pass, don't risk the shot, don't risk the dribbling

I hope conte can work on that

This was perhaps the case a little with Sporting last week. But in general, the biggest single problem we've had all season is that our obsession with trying to get the ball to the front 3 as quickly as possible is costing us.
We're trying to pass from back to front when winning the ball back within 2 passes. You can't do that with safety passes, it takes risky passes.
And it just hasn't been happening for us. Watch how often someone tries to drill a low, straight ball through the lines either into space or trying to bypass the middle to an attacker.
And watch how often it goes wrong and the ball comes back at us.
Man United is the best example all season as they comprehensively outplayed us. They knew we were going to try and hit them with a quick 2-3 pass move into their 3rd and the countered it by forcing us to screw it up every time.
Which we duly did.

This was perhaps the case a little with Sporting last week. But in general, the biggest single problem we've had all season is that our obsession with trying to get the ball to the front 3 as quickly as possible is costing us.
We're trying to pass from back to front when winning the ball back within 2 passes. You can't do that with safety passes, it takes risky passes.
And it just hasn't been happening for us. Watch how often someone tries to drill a low, straight ball through the lines either into space or trying to bypass the middle to an attacker.
And watch how often it goes wrong and the ball comes back at us.
Man United is the best example all season as they comprehensively outplayed us. They knew we were going to try and hit them with a quick 2-3 pass move into their 3rd and the countered it by forcing us to screw it up every time.
Which we duly did.
that's conte football.
straight to the number 9 who moves between the lines and then passes to players that attack the space.
the opponents can easily stop our game simply focusing on kane with 2 men everytime because he is the only player able to play between the lines. with kulu things are already different cause also him is able to do it.

PS. mine considerations were not totally mine: conte said those things in the press conference after bournemouth match

Huge game. Hope we show up from the off..

We have struggled last games, but there was good spells in second half vs Bournemouth, and coming back like that should be a booster to the confidence.

Think we bounce back, and that will keep us in a very good position - last 16 CL and third in the prem.

Not bad for a team with three og four footballers, and led by a football dinasour?
We look a completely different team when we have 2 wingbacks capable of attacking. Dier did a better job there than Emerson for fucks sake..

It won't be Spence, we know that.. Not in a game of this magnitude. I think it'll either be Doherty or Perisic on the right, and Sessengon on the left. But it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if it was Emerson still, Conte seems like he's trying to prove he's right.

Marseille have 1 home win in the last 2 months.
Liverpool haven’t won away in the league this season.

:contehandshead:

That's fcuking blown it.

It's an absolute fact we have no idea how we will play in both but absolutely a fact that we will be hoping against hope based on what we are currently seeing.

We have bursts of 10 or 15 mins but nothing sustained. Hard to fathom.

You just have to believe Kane or Son is going to have a worldie game at some point and that we won't gift a goal.

Hmmmm.......

Back
Top Bottom