Olympique de Marseille VS Tottenham Hotspur. Tuesday 1st November. UEFA Champions League. 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just get any result, I dont care if we get 1st or 2nd. Any team we get in the Ro16 will be difficult (yes, even Club fucking Brugge).

Nice. : P

Well you and a whole bunch of people were throwing that narrative around like confetti last Wednesday night so you might wanna take a rain-check.

.....And for context; the post(er) you are defending has literally just said:

"We already have [fucked it up]" (See below)
"We are not cl level in any way shape or form"

........Both are just half-empty shit-isms that aren't factual. Fundamentally:

Win the game, we win the group.
Get a draw, we still qualify.

Two questions:

Do you think we’re in a secure position going in to the final day?

When the groups were released, would you have been happy with said position given the strength of our group?

Because it’s no & no for me. Which tells me a lot more than us being top does.

Two questions:

Do you think we’re in a secure position going in to the final day?

When the groups were released, would you have been happy with said position given the strength of our group?

Because it’s no & no for me. Which tells me a lot more than us being top does.

I don't think either is that important at this stage in proceedings.......

But for a shit VAR call, we'd have already qualified. As is, its all in our hands.

I don't think either is that important at this stage in proceedings.......

But for a shit VAR call, we'd have already qualified. As is, its all in our hands.

It’s important for the collective heart rate of our fanbase.

As it is we’re 100% making a big drama out of this one on the final day.

It’s important for the collective heart rate of our fanbase.

LOL..... Got any crystals for that?

Given the basis and context of exchange you stepped into; what the bloody hell is this cod-Zest/NotABadSquad-ism????

As it is we’re 100% making a big drama out of this one on the final day.

Some of us are.... Some of us are just focused on the perfectly achievable target at hand.

Apparently many of our players are 'barely good enough for the champo' and we should just throw the towel in and accept that we're only worthy (meh!) of the Europa League..... You opted to rally behind the guy that holds said opinion....... Glenn.

Last edited:
What I said is more or less factual too, if you ignore the jokey bits.

Our away record is terrible. Marseille’s stadium is a horrid place to go. A loss does send us out. We aren’t qualified going in to the final game. The last European game Marseille played at home they won 4-1 vs a team we struggled vs.

And this has nothing to do with deserving it or not. It’s about the fact that deep down you know that whilst we’re top, we’re in a very precarious position, so ‘look where we are’ is an entirely valid statement.
In fact, the one who once said, "Every game starts 0-0!" was right.
Precisely because these criminals (these are not fans) are criminals in football and endanger human lives, part of them is banned, it's time for a team to win again in Marseille!

I don't give a shit (now I'm going to be irrelevant, that's what I do best) who we play against!
This is Tottenham Hotspur, an honor for that bastard from the south of France to play us!

Only the THFC!

:coys:

:tobyarm:

Great win to come back against Bournemouth from 2-0 down. Helped that they just sat back and let us come at them for 45 mins…. If they had kept going I’ve a feeling we would have lost that 4-0

We are not cl level in any way shape or form. A lot of our players are championship level at best ….. 2-0 loss.

Europa here we come, which is where our level is
Positive as ever lol

We can still lose and go through right?
That's if Frankfurt and Sporting draw of course, and we don't lose by more than 2.
Yes!

Or Tottenham wins in Marseille and these Frankfurters (which city do they actually come from) don't taste good to the Portuguese at all - gastrointestinal problems until New Year's Eve!

Great win to come back against Bournemouth from 2-0 down. Helped that they just sat back and let us come at them for 45 mins…. If they had kept going I’ve a feeling we would have lost that 4-0

We are not cl level in any way shape or form. A lot of our players are championship level at best ….. 2-0 loss.

Europa here we come, which is where our level is
You really don't enjoy being a Spurs fan, do you.

Back
Top Bottom