Olympique de Marseille VS Tottenham Hotspur. Tuesday 1st November. UEFA Champions League. 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Genuinely don't know how I feel. Marseille are all over the shop internally and on the pitch, but we know how much Tottenham like to gift teams who are struggling.

Luckily I'll be playing football from 7-9 so I'll only catch the last half an hour.
I'll be in Altrinham watching Wealdstone in the cold and pissing rain. 🥳

It is absolutely imperative that we start this game well. This is a big game at an atmospheric stadium and going 2 down here won't be the same as going 2 down vs Bournemouth. It's going to be a very hard game and we will need a 90 minute performance and not a 45 one to see this through.

We don't seem to be able to stop falling back into a deep defensive position.

Go back to Mourinho, who was being blamed for negative tactics and he kept saying "I'm not telling them to do this"

Lloris, Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Sessegnon, Doherty, Hoijberg, Son, Kane, Moura, all there then all here now.
It's a mental thing, the squad shits the bed and tries to drop deep I'm sure of it.
Kanes even said now that when we're losing there's nothing (more) to lose so we go for it.

Last edited:
Go back to Mourinho, who was being blamed for negative tactics and he kept saying "I'm not telling them to do this"

Lloris, Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Sessegnon, Doherty, Hoijberg, Son, Kane, Moura, all there then all here now.
It's a mental thing, the squad shits the bed and tries to drop deep I'm sure of it.
Kanes even said now that when we're loosing there's nothing (more) to lose so we go for it.
It's like we're defending a lead when it's 0-0.

But tonight we are defending a lead, insomuch that we don't need to win the match, so it's like we're 1-0 up from the outset.

Last edited:
Tim Sherwood stated emphatically on Talksport this morning that we need to start on the front foot at Marseille tonight, or we're done for.

Thanks Tim. So that means we'll need a nice steady, solid defensive performance early doors then.

:sherwoodlol:

Tim Sherwood stated emphatically on Talksport this morning that we need to start on the front foot at Marseille tonight, or we're done for.

Thanks Tim. So that means we'll need a nice steady, solid defensive performance early doors then.

Tactics Tim, tremendous

Did he also specify we can’t afford to lose the game? What a guy.

:mourglasses:

Actually caught a bit of this interview live this morning in the car.

He surprised me a little bit. When they asked him what he thought of Levy he was quite reasonable and offered a balanced opinion. He also spoke about Sugar when he played under him at Spurs.
I fully expected him to let rip at both but he was fine.

Back
Top Bottom