Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I'm Gareth Southgate, I'd have a serious think about calling up Skipp. England's quite impoverished in his position and he fits the way Southgate wants to play.

Because Totti likes him which means literally nothing else matters and excuses will be made until the end of time as to why nothing Ndombele does actually matters and it's all 'bad luck' or 'bad supporters' or whatever.

ZERO good performances over 90 minutes since he signed. Yet he should start every game. Gotcha.

If Dier has a poor performance though? Crucify him.

To be fair to Totti Totti there were loads of posters saying Ndombele was the best midfield player in Europe to take over a Dembele type role.

Clear that Ndombele hasn't worked out so far, but nobody seems to know why - poor diet, over trained by Poch when he first arrived, not dedicated enough...… Mourhino says there is now a team working on every aspect to resolve the issues. Maybe improving this season might be a big ask but possible

Hopefully he does a lot better next season and doesn't become a permanent flop.

To be fair to Totti Totti there were loads of posters saying Ndombele was the best midfield player in Europe to take over a Dembele type role.

Clear that Ndombele hasn't worked out so far, but nobody seems to know why - poor diet, over trained by Poch when he first arrived, not dedicated enough...… Mourhino says there is now a team working on every aspect to resolve the issues. Maybe improving this season might be a big ask but possible

Hopefully he does a lot better next season and doesn't become a permanent flop.
Who's this team we have working on issues? Jeremy Corbyn's election advisors?

Can't think of anyone else who could do much worse

Does he have enough about him to do the defensive side of things in that DM position? I don't think he was bad today but if he can do a job retrieving the ball and getting his foot in, he will be an important player. On the ball he seems unfazed. I think we need to see him in more games to see whether he has the nous to protect the defence. Mainly from themselves.

Does he have enough about him to do the defensive side of things in that DM position? I don't think he was bad today but if he can do a job retrieving the ball and getting his foot in, he will be an important player. On the ball he seems unfazed. I think we need to see him in more games to see whether he has the nous to protect the defence. Mainly from themselves.

He made plenty of tackles in the match. Even the foul he gave away on the box in the second half was necessary.

I think he showed a better defensive effort and ability than winks, while somehow also being more daring in passing forward and taking a dribble when needed. I'd like to see him and winks competing for minutes from now on.

I thought along with Gedson finally doing something productive, Parrott showing he can definitely play some more minutes, 19yo Skipp was the biggest plus. Great engine - 120 minutes against a PL team, no midfielder on the pitch got through more ball (82 touches, 65 passes, 91%) showed good tenacity and ability to snap at heels ( 3 tackles 2 interceptions) and the tactical street smart to bring down their player when they were about to dangerously break on us (something we failed to do several times against Wolves).

How this kid hasn't seen more game time is fucking baffling.

I thought along with Gedson finally doing something productive, Parrott showing he can definitely play some more minutes, 19yo Skipp was the biggest plus. Great engine - 120 minutes against a PL team, no midfielder on the pitch got through more ball (82 touches, 65 passes, 91%) showed good tenacity and ability to snap at heels ( 3 tackles 2 interceptions) and the tactical street smart to bring down their player when they were about to dangerously break on us (something we failed to do several times against Wolves).

Poch spent way to much time and energy trying to turn Winks into Frankie De Jong. The raw material was just never there with him. He's a tidy little player a slight step up from Tom Carroll, nothing more nothing less. Skipp, however, has always stood out as a youth player and has a much higher ceiling than Winks.

I cannot believe it took this long. 2 years of watching Sissoko attempt to play that role when we saw what this kid had in him in preseason 2018.

Fuck me, I am amazed at our mismanagement of players.

Gedson showed where his best position was and honestly, he looked more the part than Dele has in ages. Has more ability to beat the man than Dele on that left wing. He should never be ahead of Skipp though when it comes to the middle of the park.

I would love to see a 433 with the likes of Skipp, Ndombele, Lo Celso. Or even a 4231 with Winks and Skipp in the two, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Lamela in the three and Parrot up top. That is only if we decided to turn up the intensity and press the fuck out of teams. But I know that won’t happen under this manager.

Very good game and made us much more solid. Did the simple things well, covering the back 4 and cutting out breaks from the opposition where we were caught out v Wolves. Should now start in all PL matches. Only criticism is when he got the ball in attacking areas he only played a safe ball but that will come with confidence that he will not be dropped for taking initiative. With Wanyama gone, Dier wanting to play CB or being banned and others not suited to DM, he is our only DM and let's not repeat the Striker problem and play without one.

He had a good game last night. Had a bit of a slump at the start of the second half but managed to catch his second wind.

Not an out and out DM but he deserves more playing time.

I think he showed a better defensive effort and ability than winks, while somehow also being more daring in passing forward and taking a dribble when needed. I'd like to see him and winks competing for minutes from now on.
He was ok but did little to add to anything offensive. Winks has much more potential and should be played further up the field. Why does Skippy remind me of Wham's Mark Noble? Runs around a lot but achieves little. He will probably make hundreds of average appearances and some will like him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom